Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Thanks Wizard. what can i do....
But i also will go to Rhodos and i hope to visit Simi also. And from Kos i think i can go to Kalymnos and Nissiros..I heard the agencies sell such day tours in Kos.
Katarina,
The day trip to Nissyros is great. All the agencies along the front sell trips there. It is on a normal ferry and you are then met at the other end by a mini-bus or coach that takes you up to yje volcano. You get an hour or so to walk down in to the crater - it smells (rotten eggs - sulphur) and is hot, but it is strange to hear the gasses venting and see the stuff coming out of the ground in front of you! There is a cafe on the rim to get a soft drink/ice cream before making your way back to the harbour where you will have several hours to wander round the town and find somewhere nice for lunch. The ferry then takes you back to Kos.

Here is a link to some photos taken in Kos in September 2006. on pages 2/3 there is a set from the day-trip to Nissyros. Have a great time!

http://thumb2.webshots.net/t/26/26/4/5/92/2947405920048346142AOveLI_th.jpg

Cheers,
Jet
Jet,
Thank u very much! Can u tell me is it very hard way to volcano is it difficult to climb? have u been to santorini to volcano? is the was like that or longer?
yes i hope i will like and as i go in the beginning of september i hot the weather will not be too hot. at least when i was in islands in august it was ok.
Kos is not a big island and as i will spend there in whole about 10 days i think i will have plenty of time to visit neighbor islands).
Katarina,
The minibus/coach takes you from the harbour right to the top rim of the volcano. The walk down to the crater floor takes about 10 minutes or so. In this picture you can just about see people at the top of the rim (on the right hand side) - the path zig-zags down the side to the floor. (Click on the image to get to a larger version).

Cheers,
Jet

http://thumb2.webshots.net/t/26/26/0/69/5/2921069050048346142oZtzDb_th.jpg
being a boring old sod... I enjoyed the archaeological site at the asplenium near Kos Town only had a few hrs there could have done with a full day

wizard
Thank u very much!! i looked at the photos u made. they are really nice. I am ging to see all the most interesting places in Kos. but till now i dont know much what to see....i have lots of links to sites about Kos and i will try to find outl, Now a real problem for me to find a good rent a car in Kos and Rhodos.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.