Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
deal or no deal?
14 Posts
Good deal Del.

Can't imagine you on a booze cruise though. :roll: Thought Ev had more control over you.

We have our flights for May, but can't decide where to go. Mike wants a change from Bitez area. Thinking of Yalikavak, but not a lot coming up.

Marn. :glynis
Del, now that's what I call a deal!

I have booked flights for next year but not decided on hotel yet - may split it and do 2 weeks in Bitez and 2 weeks somewhere else on the peninsula.

Pat
Hi Pat, where else on the penisular would you go? As you can see from the above, we want somewhere different but can't decide where. Have you been to Ortakent?

Are you going again in May? I know you mentioned an extra week on one of your reports.

I'm doing my head in trying to find something which suites. The trouble with a lot of the hotels is steps. You get great views though, which is what we like.

Marn.
Hi, Marn - don't think we will manage May this time. Will have to wait until I retire next September (unless I find an absolute bargain that I can sell to 'Sir')

Only came up with the idea of two places last night (after the second bottle of wine! :roll: ) so still thinking about it.

The first time we went to Turkey we stayed at Yashi Yali (Ortakent) but it has changed since then. Would think about it if I could find a good price. May try Turgetreis - believe the sunsets are wonderful.

Love to you both
Mike , have done a booze cruise every November for the last 6 years.
Why do you think I changed from the Renault Megane to the Land Rover Discovery........................payload!!! :D
Not this year though, stopping smoking (again) and can get booze nearly as cheap here now :shock:
Hi Pat, the hotel I have found in Ortakent is £8 - £10 pp per night.

Our flights cost £70 pp for 10 nights. So 10 nights AI would work out at £170 pp. I think the transfers are about £20 each.

Not too sure about the hotel, it has mixed reviews. But some people want Spanish style hotels and food in Turkey, which, as you know, is not the case. We are used to Turkish food etc.

Mike spends more then £10 per night on beer alone. And I like the odd one - or two - during the day.

I don't think it's a bad deal, do you?

LOL Marn.
Hi Del, We went on a booze cruise last October, but is was too much hassle. As you say, it's almost as cheap at Asda.

When you go to Goa do you drink their Port. We brought some back years ago, and found it smashing. Lovely as a port and lemon.

PS Probably :offtop on this forum.. SORRY.
just a quick "off topic" reply
No I can't do with port at all,I leave that for the winos :lol:
Marn - that sounds a good deal to me. A/I at £10 a night! Which hotel is it?

Del, hope you are not referring to Marn and I as winos!? :tut We hardly drink at all - well not before 9 in the morning. :D
Hi Pat, it's the Medisun hotel in Ortakent, booking with Travel Republic.

Thinking of going?
It sounds worth taking a look at - maybe for later.
I think it's your typical Turkish hotel. But at that price you can eat out if the food is bad, and drink yourself silly at the hotel. :glynis
Still trying to get 'Sir' away from Bitez - will look for a good 10 day deal and see how he takes to it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.