General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
You do tend to find if looking at holidays that are around the last week of school holidays that 2 weeks are generally cheaper than one as those without school age kids can take advantage whereas those with are "supposedly" tied to restricted dates and deadlines.

I know it doesn't happen and the Government were supposed to be putting a stop to Tour Operators hiking up the prices around school holidays but I haven't noticed any changes.

We visit a local timeshare resort quite regularly and we always see British school kids are there either before the holiday season starts or well into the last 2 weeks after they've ended.

Shell
Limassol, Cyprus
we booked to go to zante last may 2011- 14 months in advance!

First 2 weeks of july 2012 - £453 per person bed and breakfast venus hotel kalamaki. 2 weeks.

checked prices a good few months later and the price had gone up to nearly £800 per person!. Its now coming up as unavailable- so obviously sold out now!

belly
Went to the Venus hotel last August and it's FAB :tup
hi...I thought I hadnt done too bad...getting 1 week for 4 in pefkos sc for £1276...but will try do better for sept...tweetie
We are staying in Kalamaki at the Roseland and the reviews look good, we stayed in Tsilivi last year so wanted to try a different resort.
I couldn't get my head around the fact two weeks were coming up cheaper than just the week, we paid £754 for BB with full luggage allowance for the both of us, going the end of June.
Feel well pleased with myself :D

Caz
Sounds fab Caz :tup brilliant deal. I was looking to book a week to Zante as a late deal last Summer (admittedly for the first week in Aug) and the cheapest I could get was £550 per person B & B in a studio, so £2200 for a week for 4 in 2 studios :yikes - needless to say i booked something else !

You're entitiled to feel pleased with yourself.

Doe :sun2
I booked 2 flights with 20kg luggage,Stansted to Dalaman, just over £350 for both and a fortnight SC in Calis Beach for less than £200, just got to arrange our transfers from the airport.A bargain,I believe.
I booked in December for 2 weeks to Kalamaki in peak weeks 9-23 August TC £970 for 2 of us staying in different apts to last year which we paid £1300. for exactly the same date and flight . Apts not showing on webpage now
I went to book our October Cyprus week and prices have shot through the roof unless we take silly time flights [which we wont] now looking at going back to Kefalonia or Crete :que
11 nights 3* SC in Sidari, Corfu for £950 for 2 of us and 11 nights 3* SC in Koukounaries, Skiathos for about £1050, both in peak school hols.

That was pretty much the best I could do this year as we have to stick to school holidays, like a good standard of accom with great reviews and my wife hates night flights, so my search is always fun!

The Corfu deal I am very happy with the price but we'll have a 3 hour drive down to Gatwick as Easyjet don't fly daily from Manchester to Corfu and in order to go for 11 nights we had to go on those exact dates.

The Skiathos is OK as well as it's Manchester flights, includes the aircon at the studios and I've been wanting to try Skiathos for about 6-7 years. I was prepared to pay a little more for this one :)
HI all, We booked up about last August 2011 to go to Zante on the 30th Aug 12 for 10 days BB at the Contessina, I had a quote online for £918 for the 2 of us with Thomas Cook and therefore went in to my Local TC to book it, got there and they said they could do it for £808....really happy with that price as it had shot up to near £1200 not long after. To book directly with the hotel it would of cost nearly the price I paid and thats without flights etc...having never been to any Greek Isle before and also just being myself and hubby, no kids now as they are 18 and 20, (booked a few extra days from work, just to clean up after them when we come back!!) we are both really looking forward to it. Happy hols everyone..
I think I've had a good deal. Just booked a week's AI during next Easter school hols for £648 flying on a day flight from my local airport. When I looked at Sharm for the same period 2 years ago, I couldn't get any decent hotels for under £750- so I'm pleased with my deal.
That sounds like a great price Shirley :tup
gigui.....we stayed at the Contessina last year and it is fab, cleanliness is second to none, very modern and in a great location, i am sure you will love it and you got a very good price. :tup

Shirley.....that sounds excellent. :tup

Caz
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.