Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hmmm ..... April is a very humid period to visit Goa, brings the wildlife to the fore so to speak. It's kinda the start of the rainy season, although it can never be predicted down to the day as you'll appreciate.

If you're still keen on going, there is a host of places you can book in cheaply. I'd probably scout this website for one that suits your requirements. :)
Would we be better off going at the end of October then, as that will be the only other option - or retiring :rofl :rofl
Helen :wave:
I have been in Goa many times in April, and yes it is hot so best have A/C in room, but IMO it is more likely to rain in October, this year we had some showers around Easter time, but this was very unusual, the monsoon dosn't start untill June and it went on through October last year.
Also I believe the package holidays don't normaly start till November, and lot of places will not be open, so nice and quiet .
Lots of the Goa regulars go around Easter time
x lassi
As lassigirl has pointed out ........ you've a helluva lot more chance of rain in October.

My post was aimed at the humidity, some cope with it better than others. My father-in-law for example who visits Goa 3/4 times during the dry season, swears he will never go again around April'ish, as this year when he went he had a horrendous time.

Then again .... others have a great time. If you're truly limited to April or October, well its a no-brainer, get gone in April. :cheers
Thanks for that. We have been to Mexico twice in August and that was very humid. As long as we know what to expect.
Hi Helen, As far as April or November goes, I can only reiterate what everyone else has said. Both months have their up and there down sides (I have done both) but you will still have a good time whichever you choose. I doubt if you can get a 10 day package though, if you want 10 days you may have to consider a scheduled flight via Mumbai etc., (Unless someone on here knows different - cos I might be wrong).

Regarding deals, we got some quite good deals with Thomas Cook this year only down side being that they have changed some of their flights which presented one or two problems for us (now resolved). I usually look on teletext to get an idea of costs, I also check out the TA's websites just to see what 'silly money' they are asking :yikes I then decide what my budget is and what I reasonably think is a good and fair price to pay after that I start phoning around. I also play the TA's off against one another to get as good a price as I can. It doesn't always work and sometimes others get a better price than me but as long as you come in within your proposed budget (which we did) then you will be happy with the price.

As far as hotels go, once you have been offered some prices/choices by the TA get on here quick for advice on the accommodation before booking. You may get a great price but a S**T hotel so be careful. There are lots of 'repeat visitors' on here who have at some time or another trawled around different hotels and checked them out for future reference so you have a wealth of relevant knowledge at your disposal and we would not want your first Goan holiday to be spoilt because the hotel is rubbish. Also look at the reviews (I expect you have already) :)

Good luck Helen, I do hope that you find a nice place at the right time and price - let us know how you get on and do share any info on deals you find as there is always someone (like yourself) who is looking. Fizzy
Thanks for that Fizzy - there's a chance we might not get round to it next year, but I really want to go in the near future.
Helen do you mean you might get there this year ?? :think
Helen would be fantastic if you were in Goa in April 09 as we will get to meet you. We fly out 26 March and return to the UK 10 April.
Have you anymore thoughts about booking?
Yes Gems, but at the moment can't find anything under £600pp for a week when we can go. Marlou is also on the lookout now, but she's looking at 2 weeks in February. She's sent Joanne a pm. Have you put your report on yet. What hotel did you stay in and what resort. Was it Sharm.
Hi, yes we stayed in Sharm at the Sunrise Island View Resort, would return there no problem.
Are you thinking about Egypt if you dont get to Goa?
No, not at Easter - will probably be somewhere like Benidorm if we don't get to Goa, somewhere else we've never been funnily enough.
went april gone and was ok,yes can be very humid,just get airconditioned rooms and youll be ok,everything was still open
We booked this week 2wks B/B in Baga 7/march 4 of us for £482 each with ex luggage & seats together with Manos online. Flights only were more than this and we really wanted Jan. but it was over £220 each above what we paid so we thought whats another 6 - 7 wks the drinks will still be as cold ! :glynis :rofl
foxes- is that allocation on arrivalor do you know where you're going?
Hi Bushbaby No we are booked in The Beira Mar Hotel hope its ok because its got mixed reports but anyhow who cares we will be in GOA and thats the main thing. :sun :glynis
Foxes, The Beira Mar is a basic hotel but in a very good position for beaches and restaurants etc.
We will be staying there for the 6th time in January and we also got a very good deal with Manos.
I am sure you will not be disapointed,but if you don't like the first room you are given,do not hesitate to tell them....we have on more than one occassion!!!! and they soon find you another. Paula
Thanks for the info Millemag it cant be so bad if you are going for the 6th time, and you will be able to sort them out before we get there in March. Hope you dont have to and you have a really nice time yourself. Byeeee :yipee
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.