Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
If they don't answer your e mails, your best bet would be contacting them by phone and voicing your concerns. They are a popular company and should be able to bring you up to date with the situation.
i tried to get answers on the phone but i told that the holiday would be ok ,but how can it be if they have no contract with the hotel
The correct way to handle this is in writing by recorded delivery. Address your letter to The Chief Ececutive or The Company Secretary.

Explain your concern and request confirmation that your holiday will be honoured as booked.

emails can be lost and telephone calls will not get you through to the correct person. You are through to a call centre and with respect they do not know the answer.

fwh
Hi Gab - how did you come across the fact they had lost the contract? Were you informed by DH?

I've just had a quick look on their website and tried several airports and dates in January and it says the holiday or flights are no longer available.

Have you tried posting on the Tenerife or Tour Operator sites in case someone on there is in the same unfortunate situation and can assist you.

Can you give us a bit more info.
:D Hi, there is a simialr thread running under bouganville enquires. Yes direct holidays have ended their contract with all iberstar hotels including the bouganville, as from next year.(Even though it is advertised in their brochure), I rang up today, the reason being , that I was informed of this by another member (We have booked for next month), and was assured that our holiday would not be affected (I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed on that one!,) but the other reason I rang was because my mum tried to book for march (same hotel), as she goes here every march with direct, and has done for the last 8 years , and was told the same. Lets just hope they honour our bookings, as I dont fancy been told a couple of weeks before departure, that they have changed our accommodation! Will keep you updated if I hear anything else. Regards, BBB
i found out when my sister tried to book the same dates in jan and was told by the sales rep the contract was finished i am going to take ss advice and post recorded delivery letter
ps bbb i looked at that thread in bouganville enquires, same problem
We e-mailed Direct concerning changes to our holidays and also phoned. On the phone they told us they had 28 days to respond, and we got an e-mail reply, ten days after sending ours, stating that they have up to 35 days to respond. Anything I asked to have confirmed in writing in our phone conversations was answered with the 28 day excuse or your e-mail is not in the system yet. They must be inundated.
:D Hi Gab, I have emailed the customer enquiries, but I'm also going to send a letter by recorded delivery too , and will keep you posted with any updates. Regards, BBB
hi bbb could this be a case of mis -selling?
:D Hi gab, quite possibly!, (Their not bothered, as long as they have your money :twisted: ). I'm just hoping they don't contact me in a couple of weeks offering me alternative accomodation (The only other hotel I would even consider would be the bitacora).

I rang head office today, and spoke to a girl (Who knew nothing of this- and actually asked me where I got my information from) she then put me on hold whilst she looked into this, after a while she came back, and told me that direct and iberstar were "having discussion,'s regarding the renewel of the contract", and whilst these discussions were in process, they were taking no more bookings , but they would honour the bookings already made. So let's just hope they do! I am also going to write a letter too (As suggested), but I'll keep you updated if I hear anything else, and if you hear anything please pm me. (Lets keep our fingers crossed). Regards, BBB.
As far as I know, from talking to friends who are hoteliers, tour operators and contracts with hotels can take on lengthy discussions and sometimes a long time to be resolved. Whilst they are "in discussion" it is not totally uncommon to try and book, only to be told the accomodation isn't available. A sort of lever on the hotelier I suppose. Once the "discussion" is concluded the tour operators begin to offer the accomodation again.

I suppose if there is a dispute of some sort going on then you won't get replies until the dispute is resolved.

If you have your heart set on booking a particular accomodation, try getting in touch with the hotel directly. This is what we did when trying to book through a tour operator who did a similar thing with the hotel we wanted. (They concluded the contracts shortly afterwards and started taking bookings again- we saved about £500 by being pushed down this route so it suited us fine)

If you have already booked, from what I have heard obviously, I would think you will be OK. Can't guarantee it of course, but as the hotel you are talking about is in next years brochure, it would make you think they are still talking.

Whilst I am only passing on information from my own experience, I really don't know what is happening, just wanted to let you know I have known it to happen and hopefully make you feel a little more happy that your chosen hotel will be ready and waiting for you when you get off the plane.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.