America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Hi Pauline

In case you haven't seen them we have a few reviews HERE :wink:

You'll also find lots of Florida/Orlando info HERE.

Pippy :D
Can't help on the hotel, but we had the free dining plan this summer and we all agreed our best meal was at the Coral Reef at the Seas in Epcot. Best steak ever and great view of the fish and scuba divers next to our table! Obviously if you have children they love all the character meals. As do the grown-ups! With 14 table service meals to play with, you can visit most of the main restaurants and as it is free, you don't have to worry about maximising the value by only going to expensive places. Make sure you book tables 180 days ahead though.
I've eaten in the Coral Sea Restaurant in Epcot all four times we have been to Florida. It has got to be one of the best there. Try to get a table 'on the water' which I think is what the staff call the ones by the glass, children will love it. (and adults LOL)
I have now found the telephone number to call for 'Advance Dining Reservations':-

001 407 939 3463

Call 180 days before the first day of your holiday. They will let you book at least the first ten days, (maybe more if you are lucky like I was last time), then call again 2 weeks later to book any remaining days.

You will need to work out your schedule for the holiday, so you know where you will be at mealtimes. Quite a task really! I should book at least one more meal than the 14 you have as you will probably not actually make it to all of them and then cancel from your room phone when you are there and can see you won't be at the restaurant. That way you will still get all your free meals you are entitled to. It is important to book as during free dining everywhere gets very full, especially if you want to eat at normal meal times.

There is a good explanation of the dining plan here
http://allearsnet.com/pl/packages08a.htm
not sure if I am allowed to post that though!

Please ask if you have any questions.
Hi Mehmeh,

Thank you very much for the infromation. We have never been to Florida before so everything will be very new for us. No children just two big kids going.

Thanks again,

pauline
Don't be afraid to do character meals without kids! You will still enjoy them and most are buffets, which are always good, if wicked. Our two boys were 11 and 7 when we first went. This summer was our sixth visit :shock: so at 22 and 18, we still went to lots of character meals. The Crystal Palace in the Magic Kingdom is a good one for breakfast, lunch and dinner with Pooh and friends. Or Chef Mickey at the Contemporary Hotel to meet Mickey, Minnie &co.

We didn't manage to use all our counter service meals, because we spent 3 days at Universal, so had lunch there. Could have used the counter service for cooked breakfast at hotel, but we like to be at the parks for opening, so usually had cereal in the room. Used some of the snack credits for milk and orange juice from the hotel gift shop.

Wolfgang Puck Express at Downtown Disney is a good counter service with 'proper' meals, not just fast food stuff. It is opposite Virgin Megastore.

You'll love it, but remember you can't fit everything in to 2 weeks! So you'll have to go again (and again). Make use of early entry, the late opening for disney guests is much more crowded and less helpful. Always use Fastpass. But September should be a less busy time of year.
Hi

I stayed at the CB a few years ago in the Trinidad section - all the areas are good and easy access to the buses and central eating area. Some friends of mine stayed there last year and they loved it as well. The only thing we all found was if you were the last and towards the last pick up on the Disney buses, it was full and standing room only.

As for eating, loads of places to chose from. My hubby and I liked the Moroccan restaurant - quite spicy food. However, our fav place is the Californian Grill at the top of the Contemporary resort (we had our wedding dinner there as we got married at the resort last year). Its great if you are there in the evening as you get to see and hear the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom. The other highlight there for us was our waiter called Eric - he had the most amazing eyebrows that had a life of their own! Most amusing!!

Hope you have a great stay. Don't blame you for booking so far in advance - I've always done that! I've been 6 times in the last 11 years and looking forward to my next visit which won't be for a while - have to wait until my 6 month old is old enough to enjoy it!!

Emma
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.