DIY Holidays

Discussion relating to DIY holidays
Hi - as you are individually insured (ie it is not the holiday that is insured) any loss by either of you should be claimed on your own individual insurances.

If you can't or don't want to travel due to a party member becoming ill then you can still usually claim for cancellation of holiday as long as you have some proof of the situation (ie Doctor's note). alternatively it could be worth checking if the insurance would pay for a change to dates and/or names instead of full cancellation.

As for all having to cancel, if you still wanted to make the trip; then this does not need to happen - as long as you inform the various companies involved in your holiday that a person will be missing- lead names are generally a requirement for invoicing and payment issues rather than travel. I'm sure you will only need to supply a new lead name in this case.

As for visas - these apply to individuals not parties - so I don't see why this would stop you travelling.

If in doubt about any insurance situation I would recommend that you ring your insurance company - I'm sure they would be happy to answer your questions and then you would have peace of mind over any given situation.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.