General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
hi..I always book as early as I can and am always quids in...booked last oct for AI gran caneria this july and have saved nearly £1000 according to the price being offered now,,,booked for 6 of us....so got great deal...tweetie
hi..I always book as early as I can and am always quids in

Same here tweetie. I'm always waiting for the new summer hols to go on sale on-line. I book a year in advance because we can only go during school hols (work in school) and I'm quite particular with regards to knowing exactly what I want. The holiday I've booked to Turkey for this August is now selling at £300 more (for 2).
I booked mine very early I booked in March 09 for April 10 - but thats because I wanted to go specifically on a certain date at the hotel of choice, as it happens I got a really good early booking deal and their free insurance and I also did the dreaded thing of checking a few months after booking online at the prices and they were much higher than I paid
I try to book my flights as early as I can as they just get more and more expensive as time goes on. Once the flight is booked I can sort out the accomodation whenever as the price is usually fixed.
hi..I always book as early as I can and am always quids in

Same here .Usually over a year in advance for a family holiday over school holiday time .

I have a rough idea of a bargain so If I can get a good flight price early , being the key to a saving on DIY I would take the chance , book it and cross my fingers I can get the accomodation I want later (usually researched way ahead) and bring the cost under the best package deal I could of got by booking early.
We also always book early. It's the only way to get exactly what we want and at we know how much we need to save.

Garry
Depends on where I'm going. If it's one of my long haul holidays I've usually been planning and researching for ages so I know exactly when I want to go and mostly I book the flight(s) many months ahead. If within Europe it's almost always last minute usually within a couple of weeks of travel.
I have just booked a holiday to Portugal for the end of April. Booking eight weeks in advance is pretty early for me.
Always book as soon as the brochures come out. My Travel Agent always matches my Internet price that I get :)
Usually book a couple after we've got the OK from work, this year the confirmation was late december , there was a slight delay getting out the holiday allowances and opening the process to actually book dates. my wife has to submit her dates online and usually gets an email the same day to confirm yes or no, we have 4 separate weeks booked off and 3 have already been sorted out , i'll do the november week sometime in august/september.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.