General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Like many here I start putting clothes on the bed in the spare rooma couple of weeks before we go. Hubby packs his own. I don't see what he's packed until we get there. He packs far more clothes than me and loads of books! The reason he packs his own stuff is ---- a few years ago we were invited to a very posh wedding in a posh hotel, so we splashed out and treated ourselves to a stay there on the wedding night. Someone said to us that the breakfast itself was worth staying there for as it was scrumptious. Being Scottish, hubby was all dolled up in full highland rigout for the wedding. In the morning he was in the overnight bag looking for his trousers. Well I thought he had packed them and he depended on me doing it. He wouldn't go to breakfast in his kilt, so poor soul sat in the room hungry until it was time to leave. I was not popular and he never trusted anyone to pack for him since!
Bit of a last minute annie me ! whilst I might have washed and ironed everything a week before, I kind of leave it until the night before, though I ALWAYS put the important bits like tickets, passports, money, out on the kitchen table about a week before I go, ready to put in me backpack !
I'm like you Juby, I have everything prepared but don't pack until the night before we leave.
(I can't be doing with suitcases hanging about the place, so they don't even come out of the loft
until then either.)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.