Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Hi Angie

Thanks so much for that, very helpful, I can relax now.

We are going on the 16th March and staying at the Rui Merengue, never been to the DR before but we are really looking forward to it. If there is anything else I need to know is it ok to PM you.

Thanks again

Sue
Hi Sue,

Any other questions will gladly help you out and dont mind if you PM at all.

You will love the DR the people are so friendly and helpful.
We will be staying at the Iberostar Costa Dorada from the 27th April this will be our 6th visit to the same resort. It now feels like our 2nd home.

Angie.
can anyone let me no if theres an entry exit tax for the dominican were looking at going in two weeks
yes, there is a 10$ US each charge on entry and a 20$ US charge on leaving , so to be sure to keep your US dollars :wave:
thanks for that were booked h/v mexico but not sure if were going to get there
so looking at h/v dom/rep so we no nothing about dom/rep any info will be
greatfully accepted
cuttyhull,

Here is a start for info on the entering and exiting the DR if you have any questions just get in touch, we are frequent visitors to the DR.

Here is a list of how the process goes:-

On your flight you will be given a Blue Immigration form each to fill in.

Then on arrival you will purchase your Tourist Card at the booth.

Hand tourist card in about 20 paces from where you bought it just before passport control.

At passport control hand in blue immigration form with passport to be checked.

Go to luggage reclaim to collect luggage and pick up NEW White Customs Declaration Form, filling it in while waiting for luggage.

Give in new customs declaration form to people at customs on exiting airport.

Here is a sample card in this link.

http://www.debbiesdominicantravel.com/visa.html

Hope this is of help to you.

Oh, on the way back to the UK you need to fill in another Blue Immigration form,get this from your Rep. in resort, it will save you time, also another White Customs Declaration form has to be filled in, so pick up enough on your entry then you can have them filled in for your departure.

Angie.
Angie, still no word of the price increase on these? Still $10 & $20 each? Im getting everything ready to go :tup

2 weeks to go for us!!! :sun2

jaimec,

Still no word about increases still only $US10 Tourist Card on entry and $US20 Departure Tax.

The word at the moment is they are going to carry on charging $US10 for Tourist card until they have nearly run out of Tourist cards with the $US10 printed on them before they commission a new batch to be printed with the increase of $US15, the Departure Tax will not be changing this is staying at $US20.
As they say Welcome to Dominican Time lol.

Oh you lucky thing getting everything ready with only 2 weeks to go, wish it was me going back again.
Have you got enough room in your case for me, I am only only small :rofl

Angie.
I could try though I think I prob have excess baggage already :rofl I need to drastically cut back on the clothes I want to take ;) :rofl

Thanks Angie34 :tup
Angie/Susan - I've been to both Iberostar and Riu Merengue - both are excellent hotels. You'll have a great time. Just under 8 weeks til we get to Serenis Tropical - can't wait! Enjoy!
Hi, I have already purchased my Visa's online direct from the embassy. How will this affect me....? Will I still need to fill in the blue form? Will I still need to Queue???
Any advice appreciated...........
Squeeky x
You have your picture taken with the beautiful ladies and then join the end of a queue. We also bought our visas from the DR Embassy here in the UK, but its all part of the fun. The lady sits in a box and hands out the cards and then you promptly hand them to someone else who pops them in a box! Just show her that you already have them and carry on moving along in the queue.
squeeky,

You will be given the Blue form on your flight its an Immigration form which is handed in to passport control after you have handed in your Tourist Card.
You will also need a pen handy on your flight to fill it in, also after passport control you have to fill in the New White Customs Declaration form, while waiting for baggage in the reclaim area.

Have a look at my previous posting on all the things you have to do on getting in and out of the Dom Rep, its all listed in order.

Angie.
when do you pay your exit fee is it when you leave cos what happens if you say you won't/can't pay do they keep you??? ;)

I can't pay $29 to leave please keep me here forever :rofl
cheekyfairy,

You pay your Departure Tax at the airport when you are in the Departure lounge, you are told to go to the booth to pay where your boarding card will be stamped on the reverse, which will then be checked on boarding through your gate No.
Yes they will keep you and the officials may question you thoroughly about the motives of your illigal residence in the Dominican Republic but you wont be in a beautiful resort laying on the beach drinking :cheers :rofl You know what I mean!!!!! :cry
TUT! I knew there would be a flaw somewhere in my plan :D
Hi Everyone.
We go to D.R in september & we know we have to purchase a tourist card on arrival. What are the benefits to getting one before we go at a price of £10 each from the DR Embassy. I know it is only $10 when we get there but i heard that getting before we go actually cuts down on queuing once we arrive. Has anyone any experience of this & is it worth getting in the uk. Thanks for any help you guys can give me
Linda :wave :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.