General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
Off to see Girls Aloud in Liverpool tomorrow staying in Jurys Inn just opposite the Echo Arena. Will let you know how it goes when I get back Thursday.

We got a good deal with National Express, coach to L'pool from Middlesbrough, 1 nights dinner, bed and breakfast, tickets for concert £79 :tup
spent the last two days decorating, one wall left to paint tomorrow, new carpet arrives Thursday new furniture hopefully on Saturday ,well underestimated how long it will take forgot how much time is taken up moving stuff around to give working room
Look lovely I'm sure, and well worth the effort when it's finished Brian :tup
Am Back! We had a brilliant time, Girls Aloud were excellent and we found out just after the concert finished that it was their last ever gig!

Echo Arena was very well organised, plenty of clean toilets, easy to get served at drink outlets etc so :tup
Ah pleased you had a great time Glynis. Hubby and I went to the O2 just before Christmas to see the Hit Factory Live Concert .... Jason Donovan (can't sing to save his life now!) but sang the duet with Kylie ... brough back memories, Bananarama .. (what's left of them) they were great. Dead or Alive .. not normally my cup of tea, but they were fab. Sonia ... OK. Sinita .... sang Toy Boy (and she can still sing!) and OMG wish I looked like her at her age lol!! Few others that I can't remember ... but what a blast from the past:)
Booked our seats for our flights to Egypt :tup
Sol Y Mar in Sharm Pat. Our 2nd visit to Sharm. Last time we stayed at the Tropicana Grand Azure
Hi Helen,

Have heard of those resorts but don't have any experience of them.

Have previously stayed at Laguna Vista beach resort in Nabq Bay twice, Dreams Beach Resort once, Rixos in Nabq Bay (as it is now known) once and Sunrise Royal Makadi Bay twice.

Although Rixos now gets rave reviews, we had an awful experience there before it was taken over due to the hotel opening up to the Arabs .. disgusting behaviour! Our favourite overall was the Sunrise Royal Makadi Bay Hotel.
Have a great time Helen :cheers

Sounds a good night at the O2. :tup The Echo arena was good. Was bit anxious as I don't like packed places and had visions of having to queue all over the place but it wasn't like that at all. We walked straight in, were shown to our seats, then when we wanted a drink it was just a short walk away, again no queue and the same for the toilets. Our hotel was literally a few steps away from the Arena so straight in and straight to the bar (getting served here was the longest wait of the night :rofl )
May sound boring to others but! - went out with my daughter and sister for a little lunch and a bit of shopping! Daughter is slowly recovering from a serious road accident and it was our first 'girly' day and we had really bad weather, however she still wanted to go so we had a cold but fun day!! I was worried about her all the time we were out but the smile on her face when I took her home made it the most worthwhile day I have had for a long time.
Nothing better than a girly day Prawn :tup Hope your daughter is making a good recovery
Aww sorry to hear about your daughter Prawn but great to hear she's now getting out and about, small steps is the way. When I was very poorly a few years ago I remember sitting on my parents couch and watching mothers taking their children to school. How I envied those who were outside doing every day stuff. I even missed 'normal' things, that we sometimes take for granted like going to supermarkets so I can well understand your daughter being so happy after having a lovely day, despite the weather.

Give her our love and thoughts and wish her well from us all at HT :ghug
Ah Bless ... hope your daughter makes a full recovery soon :tup
Hi Glynis,

That was my worry too ... I don't like enclosed spaces. Hubby is forever trying to get me into London (we are only 8 miles from the city) and prior to going to the O2, last time we went we travelled by car and it cost a fortune to park! He told me next time we go, we either travel by tube or walk lol!! As it turned out journey on the tube wasn't too bad and thankfully didn't get stuck in the tunnel .. my biggest fear!

Great to hear that it was easy going for you too at the Echo Arena ... is that in Newcastle?
No Pat it's in Liverpool. We booked with National Express and return travel, night in Jurys Inn L'pool BB/evening meal and ticket was £79. This was a special offer as many on the bus had paid the full price of £139, they weren't pleased.

On the bus was Margaret, who was on her own, and was 83 :yikes
:) Thanks for your good wishes, guys. I will pass them on to my daughter.
Hi Glynis .. that was a good price. We ony live about 30 mins away by tube from the O2 so no need for a hotel, but we paid £50 for the tickets. Ah love her ... 83 years of age and sitting through a Girls Aloud concert ... good on her:)
well its taken a week, i'm knackered, don't want to assemble or move any more furniture or pick up a decorating tool for a few months

our finished bedroom [its only 10ft x 12 ft so its a bit cramped

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/3599/bedroom1.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/2782/bedroom2.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.