General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
Our bedroom is the same colour red Brian, we put it right round the room though but, as Pat says it's lovely, warm and comforting.

Oh Pat that sounds like a huge job, I don't envy you at all.
It is Glynis ... with being such an old house, every time we do any work it's like opening up a can of worms:( The kitchen/dining room was the worse ... we had to go right back to the brickwork in both rooms! It was like a builders yard with all the rubble on the floor!!
I know what you mean Pat, you try to do a simple job and it leads onto about 10 others before you can start on what you originally were trying to do :duh

My friend lives in an old house and they had to get the house re-wired at Christmas! She's still trying to sort the house out now :duh
Prior to buying the house a builder owned the house, he replaced the old fencing surrounding the front garden with a brick wall and also built a brick garage at the bottom of the garden .... neither were built with footings! After the high winds in 88/89, I came home from work to find two of the walls from the front garden collapsed, and as for the garage (not big enough to house a car) .. if you gave it a good push it would collapse, you can actually see daylight through some of the bricks lol!!!
:rofl Some builder Pat - if he can't be chewed to do his own work correctly :que
I know Glynis .... cowboy comes to mind lol! He also built 2 new houses next door to our property ... God knows what they are like inside lol!
I hurt my knees Insulating some pipes at low level today.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.