Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Just spoke to Right Holidays (Romeo).

He has advised that we are booked into a room with Jacuzzi and that they are intending making an exception to ensure it is on for us on 5th June (even though they are still awaiting permission from the Council.)

Where we receive a room without a jacuzzi we will receive a refund of the money paid.
Tickets also arrived this morning..... Won't be long.
had a good look around the doran hotel ıt looks fıne
nıce and clean stıll doıng some bıts and pıeces but nothıng serıous
Thanks maverick57uk for the update on the Dorian.

I hope that everything is all sorted by the time I get there in a couple of weeks.
maverick57uk - Could you please clarify the "bits and pieces" so that it does not come as a shock if they are still not complete by the time we get there?
I thought all works were illegal once the holiday season was underway but maybe it's not this kind of thing you are referring to... Many Thanks Alan
Some other reviews are now coming in the Dorian.

Still not fantastic with the food and room problems still highlighted.
I don't mean to offend anyone, but you get what you pay for.

If the price seems too good to be true then it probably is.

If you think its an OK price for flight, room & perhaps drinks by the pool & are prepared to eat out then take the cheap price. BUT if you want to be sure you can eat (& enjoy) the food then go somewhere better.

If you spend £250 & its horrible thats £250 wasted & a week or two of your holiday. If you add another £200 to that you can go somewhere you can be pretty sure of enjoying & when you add that extra over the year its only £4 a week, is that not worth it to enjoy your hard earned holiday.

I personally would only go for great reviews 5 (or perhaps 4) star Turkish hotels. Go cheap & it will be nasty, spend a few pound more & you will have fantastic value. I personally look for a 90% plus loving it.

If I were going to Olu I would go to the Olu Deniz Resort Hotel (sea-view rooms only), the Belzecie Beach Hotel or Lycia World & if I were really flush the Oyster Residence. I would like to try Letoonia or Hillside su beach club in Feteyhi

SORRY ABOUT SPELLING OF TURKISH NAMES :-(

Pay a few pound more & really enjoy your holiday.
Kim
Got a call tonight from Right Holidays.

The Jacuzzi Room we booked is still unavailable as the Hotel is still in dispute with the local Council.

We are still to receive a room in the new block and are to get £30 back from the resort rep.
Not going till October and have been told I will be updated re: the jacuzzi/council situation. In the mean time I still have a room reserved in the new block. Although the pool area in the old block looks really nice as well, so not really bothered.

I look forward, with interest, to your review Aasqmhill.
Got back Tuesday evening from Olu.

I will post a report on the Dorian soon.

We never received a room in the new block although we requested it but I think most of the rooms (in the old and new blocks) are relatively the same (small but very clean).

I have nver seen so many flies in a complex in my life!!.

As I said full report to follow (In the review section) but I think it is fair to say I will return to Olu again and again but would not consider the Dorian Hotel again.

This is the first Turkey All Inclusive Holiday that I have returned 9lbs lighter in weight than when I went (It is normally the opposite!!).
Suffice to say the food left a lot to be desired.
Hotel review now added.

If anyone wants to know more about our experience of the Dorian Hotel, please let me know.
Alan

I have PM'd you re: the Dorian
Alan

I have PM'd you re: the Dorian

Not received your PM yet.
Have sent it again. Got the message confirming it had been sent so don't see why you're not getting it. Perhaps one of the administrators can help?

:?:
Check and see if its in your sent items, or still lying in your outbox. Double check the spelling of the username too.

HTH

C x
My reply is still sitting in my Outbox.
It has the correct Username as I selected Reply to the original message.
It will lie in your outbox until Chas signs on again. It just means they haven't been online since you sent it!

C x
Thanks for that.

It shows you how many PM's I send/receive!!!
Returned last night after a two week holiday to the Dorian,

I have just posted a review of our experiences in the holiday reports section for Turkey

GM06
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.