Eastern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Eastern Europe
Dubrovnik
34 Posts
Aye up, Lyn's researching again :D No sooner is she back from one break and she's planning another. That's the way to do it! ;)
I still have a space for beginning of june to fill yet Shirley but that may have to be something closer to home . :)
Ooooh will be very interested if you go as this has been on my wishlist for a while. ;) Am thinking of a week but it will be when it is just the two of us.
Fabulous place,We were there for 1 week many years ago when it was Yugoslavia.
We spent the previous week on the Island of Korjula. :tup
  • Edited by Jay Trip 2011-03-19 22:10:15
OOO Lyn - you know it's been on my list for a while, but been unable to find any local flights. We've been looking at Porec for summer 2012 as well :que
Jay Trip wrote:
Fabulous place,We were there for 1 week many years ago when it was Yugoslavia.
We spent the previous week on the Island of Korjula. :tup

Exactly the same here, many years ago plus a week on Korcula. I would love to return to see how much it's changed.
I'd like to go back too,we stayed in Tucepi but visited Dubrovnik,Mostar,Makarska and I think we went to Porec but not sure.We took a cable car ride just outside Dubrovnik,it was magic.
Looks like it could be a go-er then but is there enough there for 2 days wandering / relaxing with a few historic things to see/do.. . Hubby hates having to get on public transport .
Same here i'm looking to make a visit to Croatia this year hopefully Dubruvnik.

Can anyone recommend any hotels close to Dubruvnik centre or not too far away i'd be grateful so I can look into these.

I dont mind hotels with a pool and somewhere with abit of nightlife i've heard good things about the place but have not been YET

Many Thanks

Legs
My sister stayed in Dubrovnik Palace hotel for her honeymoon,Think its a 5 * AI hotel.We stayed in Tucepi when we visited Yugoslavia and went to Dubrovnik on a day trip.
Thanks Oscarben i'll look into that hotel shortly and a few others around that area :cheers
I got the Thomson Croatia brochure today but the prices are :yikes
I am looking for May and some of the hotels are £1,200 each for B&B. :duh
I did it as part of a cruise I was on with Thomson - loved it, would definitely have enough to explore for a couple of days, loved it.
That's what put me off last year Jay Trip, the prices were silly compared with other countries in Europe.
We put together our own package when we went and but that was a couple of years ago now.
That's what I'd like to do, but our nearest budget airline that flies to Dubrovnik would be based at Gatwick - nearly 4 hours away. A long way to travel for a few days break.
What's your local airport Helen?
Cardiff and Bristol Glynis
Prices do seem expensive from Thomas Cook / Thompsons so a DIY might be the best option to take the prices down ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.