Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
It does seem a bit early to do that work. Another couple of months would have seen them in the low season.
Exactly, I wasn't happy about taking the 'chance' that our holiday may be ruined, especially only being told about it 1 week before I go!
Thankfully my travel agent has agreed to move us to the Sheraton in Pataya. They wanted me to pay an extra £650 for us to move but I protested (quite rightly I feel) and I ended up paying £200 to be upgraded to the Sheraton. I still feel aggrieved at having to pay extra, after paying a lot of money already, but at least they were willing to do something.

TC
we're staying at the dusit in mid April, i hope the work will not spoil our holiday! :x
Karen
if you booked through a TA you might be better contacting them.
TeeCee- thats not a bad deal :D
Thanks Fiona.....I did think that 8)

Karen, They couldn't tell me how long the work would go on for but it's definitely worth speaking to your travel agent.

TC
I have heard that a lot of work was being done at the Dusit Hotel Pattaya earlier in the year. I was wondering if anybody knew if this was finished yet or how bad it effectewd\ their holiday.

Many thanks

Andy
We are going to Pattaya in three weeks. I recently found out that our hotel Siam Bayshore is in renovation (to be completed by 31st October) fortunately, we were able to change to another hotel.
Although it might be your high season in the UK, I think you will find that generally Thailand from 1st May - 1 Nov is regarded as the low season because it's the wet season.
Renovations are often made during May to October when occupancy is lower. A lot of hotels offer a 2 for 1 deal during this time. Prices double magically overnight on the 1st November. Places fill up and it's like someones turned the lights on.
Disregard all of the above for Koh Samui :roll: I will never understand when is the best time to travel there. We have gone in the dry season, paid big $$$ and it bucketed down solid for a week... perhaps we were just plain unlucky.
Cheers Geri
Does anybody know if the renovations are still ongoing at Dusit Hotel in Pattaya. We are going there on 5th Noivember. Thanks

Lou :o
Hi Lou
This is the link to the Australian website where I discovered details of our hotel being in renovation.
http://www.ixplore.com.au/thailand-pattaya-dusit-resort-pattaya
It would appear the Dusit completes it's Reno's by the end of Oct 07.
Have a great holiday.
Cheers Geri
I'd like to just add that ixplore was the only website that I came across that gave reno details of hotels (It was linked to Thai Airways website) Even our travel agent and the wholesaler were not aware of the renovations at the Siam Bayshore. I had to prove where I got my information from and then they contacted the hotel direct... this took two weeks. Fortunately, we found out in time to change.
Enjoy the beautification of the Dusit :lol:
Cheers Geri
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.