Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
In my brouchure the hotel is publicised as, you book in to 1 of the hotels and you use the facilites at all 3 hotels within the resort.

If that what has been stated in the brochure at the time of booking, then that is what is supposed to be included when you take your holiday.

Any changes are usually advised by the tour operator and if it is a major change you have the choice of either accepting the change or cancelling the holiday with a full refund of any monies paid.

The key here is whether the change is a major or a minor change.

Mark :D
In my eyes I see this as a major change as at the most only a third of facilities are going to be available to us. I do think less will be available as most are located at the hotel that is closed.

Travel agent is calling Tradewinds again on Monday, to ask about chaging the hotel.

I have email the hotel direct to ask the how extensive the renovations are.

The only thing about getting our money back is that we can only travel on the one day, and with it being only 7 weeks away the prices are likely to be alot higher.
Have a look in the brochure and look in the terms- and conditions as to what is classified as a major change.

Mark :D
I've looked on Tradewinds website and found the following listed under the Islandia Paradise Resort - It says there clearly that it will be 'extensive refurbishment' therefore I would not be happy either. :?

They are showing each hotel with similar message for all hotels ......

Tropical at Central Karon States:-

NB: This hotel along with the Islandia Paradise and Park resorts will now be known as Central Karon Beach Reosrt. There is extensive refurbishment underway to make this one complex and the 3 different hotels.

Lagoon at Central Karon states:-

NB: This resort is being re-named the Central Karon Beach Reosrt and this hotel wiht the other two hotels will have extensive refurbishment and be within one complex.

Terraces at Central Karon states:-

NB: This has now become part of the Central Karon Beach rerurbishment work has started to have 3 hotels using one complex.

I would go back to your T/O asap with the above information and ask them for a change of accommodation. Even if your hotel is fine, (which would seem odd as all the above hotels seem to be mentioned) you booked the holiday on the understanding that you had the benefit of facilities at the other hotels. Therefore Tradewinds are not fulfilling their contract with you surely?

In my opinion you should be entitled to change accommodation free of charge to a hotel of a similar or higher rating with no extra charge to yourselves.

I'd phone Ros Fernihough first thing Monday morning. She is a travel law lawyer and assists our members with free advice. She can be reached on 01922 621114.
Thanks for the advice.

I will contact travel agent on monday, they are closed today, and see what tradewinds are saying.

Like you have said I cannot understand why warnings are being given to new bookings and no information has been given to me. It looks like a case of they have got your money so there happy.

We were just starying to think more about our holiday, and this has just spoilt it. :evil:

Thanks
Tradewinds

I'm not an expert on these matters but we had problems with Tradewinds (My Travel Group - which are, of course Airtours in disguise) a few years ago on a holiday to Sri Lanka. They do back down eventually but you have to push them hard.

As you say, the brochure states (regarding guests of the Islandia Paradise and Islandia Tropical)

..................two more sections of the Islandia Resort. Each hotel has its own swimming pool but other than that the facilities are shared. In addition guests staying at either the Islandia paradise or Islandia Tropical can use the facilities of the Islandia Park Resort.

If this is no longer true, then they will not be providing what you have booked (but beware their Booking Agreement' conditions - section C item 3, as I am sure that they will try to classify it as a 'minor' change).

Get tough as soon as possible as you are almost into your final 56 days, and - if you don't want to continue with the holiday - hit them with a solicitor now!

The travel agent will be looking for an easy life and just their commission - don't rely on them. They are not a small local agency, relying on reputation. You are only speaking to a minor employee of a large organisation - and they have very little power.

It would also be of interest to find out when, precisely, they (Tradewinds)became aware of this change. In my opinion, some travel companies (I would not like to single out the Airtours group!!!) seem to rely on leaving the notification of any changes until the last minute - perhaps hoping that the 'customer' will be left with little choice, if they still want a holiday on the chosen dates. It makes my blood boil!

Wishing you every success.

Peter
Cherish the post you placed in another forum which was the same post as this one has been merged. This is the correct forum for your complaint.
Cherish I'd ring Ros first (you will probably speak to Pam) before you go to travel agents. Write down what Pam advises you then you are armed with your legal rights when discussing with Travel Agent. And you can mention you've spoken to a travel law lawyer :wink:

01922 621114
Will call Ros Fernihough tomorrow morning.

Do you think that I would be better contacting tradewinds direct instead of going through the travel agent?

Thanks again
Pam will be able to advise re Tradewinds or Travel agent as Tradewinds may send you back to Travel Agent am not 100% sure.

When you speak to Pam read off what I have taken from the 3 hotels (in quotes above) as this proves that all 3 hotels are involved.

Let us know how you get on and good luck.
Hi, was unable to speak to pam first thing, so I called first choice, to inform them that I wanted a change of hotel at no cost, and to a hotel that I choose. They called tradewinds and then called me back.

Tradewinds called there programmes department- I was told that they know exactly what is happening out there.

They have said that 1 hotel the park, is closed with no guests, the paradise is still open for guests, but the are having a refurb, painting, new furnature and carpets etc. My hotel the Tropical is having no work done. They say all facilities at all hotels will be open. They have also said that the work being carried out is only grade 1. If I want to change hotel I will need to pay!

I then phoned tradewinds sales team direct and asked them to clarify what extensive building work was - after the operator spoke to a team leader they sid it means visual and noise distuption, and if I was concerned I would be better booking another hotel. This is when I told her the problem was that I already had an existing booking, I was then swiftly passed to another department. They basicaly said the same as travel agent, I asked for a written guarantee that I would not suffer from visual /noise disturbance and that all facilities would be open. He stated that an email could be sent to the travel agent.

I then call ed Pam, she said that I could do 3 things cancel the holiday, change hotel but pay, or keep the same hotel and write to the company explaining that I 'm taking the holiday under duress but reserve the right to complain on return.

Sorry about long post and hope I have explained in a manner that you can follow.

I'm still very confused :roll: I cannot understand why their website state extensive refurbishment if it is category 1? I aslo don;t see why I should be forced to pay, when it is them who have change the booking.

Any advice welcome Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.