General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
As your friend is travelling within the EU, technically there is no duty free anymore. You can still buy duty paid products and that is unlimited as you have paid all duties and taxes and haven't bought duty free.

Where duty free was in existence (for non EU departures) it is 1 litre per person.
Firstly there is NO DUTY FREE when traveling inside the EEC it is DUTY PAYED... the EEC regs State that you can bring in as much as you like/can carry or in your baggage allowance FOR PERSONAL USE.. if you bring back say lots of fags and bacci be prepaird to argue your point with the coustoms boys
Thanks, we travel twice or three times a year and I am not up to date. so she can bring back any amount bought in the airport shop
not necessarily the airport shop but in resort [it is usually a bit cheaper] its all down to luggage allowance and what you can carry....
Plus it will be cheaper in Germany than at the airport!
We have really been missing out haven't we. Should keep up to date. always only been bringing back one litre each. June will be different, a little extra
Hi, just remember, if it is bought before airside it must go in your hold luggage, only liquids bought airside may be taken on to plane as hand luggage. Tonyt
A friend who was a customs officer at Birmingham Airport told me that they have a limit on fags of 35,000 per person. The thinking being that even someone with a big smoking habit would not be able to smoke that many before they became unsmokable. therefor any more than 35,000 cannot be for personal use!

He told me this after they stopped a chap who had arrived at the airport with 50,000 ciggies! Don't ask me how he managed to pack them all!

Booze is heavy so I doubt you could get much extra in your luggage if you are flying. Plus it would have to pass the challenge of airport baggage handlers! No one I know has ever seen a baggage handler but we know they exist because we have seen their footprints in our luggage! :roll:
So basically you could bring back 5 litres of Jack Daniels per adult from Spain? :shock:
you could bring back any amount of jack daniels as long as it was for yourself
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.