Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Deal in Dollars at the duty free as they price everything in it. With Sterling they use a conversion rate of 1.7 dollars to the pound. You get 1.92 to the pound here so you save money.
chelsea1
thanks for this, trying to find my way around all these currency's

fiona
Hi Fiona - sorry just got back from Sharm again and only just seen your post. You will prob be best paying in dollars. I just paid in Egyptain and you lose out when the convert to le and then they say they have no change! Fly in and out of the old terminal this time and they were charging $15 for 200 L n M as opposed to $9 last month in the new terminal. Metro at Nabq were 48le for 200.
Hi
booked to go to nama bay Sept. 08 i was wodering if it is possible to buy English cigarettes in the resort.
and if so what type of price will they be
regards
Mel
Thanks Briar,
yes it was sept. 09.
just as well i did'nt have to type it out when i booked the holiday ;)
how many cigs can you fetch back from egypt and the best to get from airport etc going thursday morning
thanks
The allowance is 200 per person. There is further information in earlier posts.

luci :wave
be very careful, i brought back embassy. and they were very poor fakes, tasted awfull and had to bin them
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.