DIY Holidays

Discussion relating to DIY holidays
why not give them a ring and test the water? Something is telling me you have to already have booked the accomodation with them first before they woud consider a refund. Your best bet is to ring and find out how it works....good luck.
If it looks too good to be true ----- it probably is !!!
Hi Becky - usually in cases like this you actually have to have made the booking with them. Give them a ring and ask.
Becky67,

What happened about this?

Did you get the deal or did you leave it in the end?

Jazz
Becky67, I would be interested in the outcome of this as well.

Might come in handy to others in the future.

Robby :wink:
Sorry to report but I booked the hotel with lastminute.com. It was £38 cheaper than booking with easyjet.com.
For me a cheaper deal will always get the prize - without the complicated guarantee procedure that easyjet.com would want me to go through. Frankly my personal opinion was that it simply wasn't worth the bother :!:
IMO I think that easyjet.com make this promise on the basis that you have to spend the money with them first and then claim it back - why but yourself in the position of having to claim the money back - why bother in the first place.
How many refunds have they paid out? If their policy was going to be genuinely bold and of benefit to us, the traveller, why not facilitate a price-match facility & permit a traveller to download a competitor's deal and e-mail it to them and get them to match the deal first. No money needs to be spent other than with easyjet.com - competitor would lose out and not get booking.
I know it is at a different level but ASDA have a similar policy that if you produce a competitor's advert they will match the price - ASDA gets the business.
Why couldn't a similar internet booker offer something similar?
All good points.

Still, would have been interesting to find out how ready they were to give back when someones beaten their prices and also how long it took (probably months lol).

Jazz.
I checked the terms and conditions thing and it was a nightmare.

Not worth the bother, and I would have gone with the best original quote first.

Now ASDA, that would be a good one, offering to match hotel prices :lol:
Come on Walmart, get your act together :wink:

Robby :wink:
robby w - perhaps we've identified a new market for ASDA/Walmart to enter!!!
With their purchasing power, I would think they could enter the room booking market and easily take a few hits to obtain critical market share and then drive out competition and abuse a monolpositic position!!!!
Maybe we should pitch this to ASDA/Walmart - there can't be many more fields for the big supermarkets to enter - food;hardware;dvds;cds;tvs;car insurance;home insurance;diy;etc;etc;
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.