Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Did you take a screenshot of the lower priced site?

luci :wave
Hi Luci

Yes I have, have to see what they say

Thanks

Nanette
I often view some of these offers like the old, old tale of they guy who advertised butter at a shilling (5pence in new money) a pound - The chap with the shop next door could not compete and asked him how he did it. Simple was the answer I never have any butter in stock - Its just a way of getting people to come in the shop.

If the offer is genuine then they will come back and match it. If not you will know to steer clear of them.

fwh
AND, always remember... just because something is advertised at a particular price, the seller can refuse to sell......

ATB,J.
After few minutes googling, I found a lower price with a competitor
in that case best advice would be to do the googling BEFORE you book anything and avoid this situation completely.

In your case you reported it within the time they said and they did take a message - not your fault if they aren't there to check. But how much are you argueing about? They might be assuming that if they delay a bit you'll give up.

This is similar to the insurance sales methods, they give you a quote but say if you find a quote cheaper they'll match it - not with me they don't! If they say that on the phone I make sure they know they won't get a second chance, if everyone did it maybe their first offer would be better.
Hi All

Thanks for all your comments. I hadnt realised that they offered a best price guarantee (never noticed it when booking with the before) Their rate was £98, they r(supposedly) refund the whole amount so you effectiveley stay for free, if you fnd somewhere cheaper.

After a couple of emails, their last answer was

Thank you for contacting us regarding your booking.
I have reviewed your query and unfortunately we are unable to offer a refund in this instance.
This is because the package booked with Holiday Extras and the package compared are actually different as the parking is provided for different durations.
Our terms and conditions state that the product you are comparing must be the same in every respect as that which you purchased from Holiday Extras.
Thank you once again for booking with Holiday Extras

The parking was for exactly the same duration (15 nights), so quite confused :think

Ah well, I know next time!
Did you send them the screenshot,I'd try again if I were you.A promise is a promise.
Report them to Trading Standards. They are always on the look out for "Dodgy Deals"

fwh
I knew this rang a bell, someone else was going to try a claim a couple of weeks ago http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=22854&p=1519927&hilit=liverpool#p1519927 but never updated so don't know what happened - but can guess!
I looked at that when I booked my lounge at Manchester airport, the HEx website was £20 and the FHR was £18.50, when I read the T&C it said something like, you have to book through HEx then tell them you found it cheaper and only when you return do they give you a refund. I am not travelling until September so I decided not to bother with their offer.
All the more reason why it is essential to read ALL the small print and be sure exactly what it says.

fwh
Thanks to everyone for their advice

I had a call (after quite a few emails) from quite a rude young girl from Holiday Extras. She had been told to call me to say that although I was only having a 15 day stay, they give up to 21 days free of charge, so thats why they wont honour the guarantee :que

Put the same duration in both websites, cant see anything that mentions 21 days, and as they have given a different reason in each of their emails, I cant see that anyone can ever be successful! She pointed out that they had given £280,000 back to customers last year :think :think
As I said before report them to Trading Standards.

fwh
If they give up to 21 days, then they can give you 15 days. Or can't they count :yikes
it's not the numbers they're argueing about - it's the words. What they are saying is that their price was for up to 21 days (whether you want that much or not) so has to be compared against other offers for 21 days. They may as well say their deal includes a ride on a donkey when you get back - you might not want a ride on a donkey but to do the price comparison you'd have to find a better deal with a ride on a donkey included!

Their marketing has always screamed "to good to be true" to me, apparently my gut reaction was right.
It doesn't actually mention duration anywhere (that I can see) in the blurb about it on their website - rob dogs!!
I'd be ringing them back!!
Their "Free if" replaces their previous "Best price guarantee" after the latter was ruled by the ASA as misleading.
The terms behind the "Free if" are in my mind equally poor - one says that the comparison price must not be a special offer!
I've complained to the ASA about this too, they claim to have paid out over 50% of claims, so "it must be working"
But the headline "free if you find it cheaper" is clearly not anywhere near true.

In my case it was airport parking - identical product (after all it's just the same provider resold) on the APH page with a 10% discount (open to anyone at aph.com/offers).
But claim rejected because it's a "special" offer..

TBH I should have booked at APH, but I was feeling bloody minded..
Holiday Extras USED to be the best web site for getting deals -but as the internet has matured they have become the same as the rest.
I actually booked my last package direct with the hotel -saved me quite a bit (~20%)compared with their price!!
Holiday Extra's "steal" your money!!!!!. Be very careful when booking car parking with Holiday Extras. I booked for two weeks parking for Luton Airport Priority Parking from 24th July to 7th August at a cost of £143. I made a very big mistake by not checking the dates on my confirmation email. I had been booked in for Tue 7th June 2016 to Wed 15th June 2016. There is no way that I would have booked these dates. I could understand if one part of the date had been wrong but the dates were very different to those I wanted. Also I would not have payed £143.00 for 9 days parking. Holiday Extras would not give me a refund. To me this is stealing as I paid for something that I never had. I will prove with a screen shot that the Holiday Extras web page does go wrong as other web pages do with slow connections. So the moral is to make sure you check dates and don't trust that the website has done it properly. I will never use Holiday Extras again
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.