Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi

Never flown with Easyjet before so wondering of anyone can help!

could you please advise what speedy boarding is like at Liverpool Airport and also returning from Faro Airport, Algarve. Is it like a cattle market - couldnt bear this at the start of our holidays nor coming home.

Anyone any idea how I would find out when August 2012 flights go on sale.

Thanks for your help and advice

A x
liverpool was great,we came back from rhodes nightmare!!
will not be booking easy jet again they have just cancelled my outbound flight to tenerife in november.
went through the refund process online but still had to ring them to make sure I had done it correctly
as this is only my second time booking them.
Have now booked with Monarch, cost me extra but would never go through the stress of booking easy again

Jeanie
We fly with easy jet to turkey in september, Terminal 3, i have never been in there is it small, also is there a smoking section like they have in 1 and 2
Suemackey,

T3 is much smaller than T1 or T2, but is a nice place to fly from. There's no smoking area once airside.

Darren
thats a shame, are there many shops in terminal 3
Suemakey,

There's a selection of shops, but not as varied as in the larger terminals. They're listed on Manchester Airports website with more airport details on the dedicated Manchester Airport topic.

Darren
Has anyone used speedy boarding from Dalaman? Considering this for Sept, I know Bristol should be okay, but just wondering what the service is like from Dalaman?
Hi
Have never flown with easy jet before going to corfu on the 3/10/11 just found in flight magazine pricing up tobacco and spirits but then noticed in small print that they are only available on flights outside the eu is this correct??
Also can you tell me about seat allocation is it everyone for themselves or are you allocated a seat and what is this speedy boarding??

Sorry to ask so much
thanks marg
I cant help you much as I have never flown with them before either, but from what I gather, you pay about £20 each to have speedy boarding, which allows you on the aircraft before the passengers who don't have speedy boarding, and then you choose your seats.

Downside is that Easyjet dont allocate you your seats, so the speedy boarding just seems a way for the Airline to make more money.

I have looked at the reviews today on the Speedy Boarding, and its not very favourable, so I think I will be giving it a miss and taking a chance that I can sit next to or at least close to my Husband when we go to Turkey in September.
I think you'll find that most airlines don't sell alcohol or tobacco on flights within the EU - the tax free concession was scrapped a long time ago so there's no point. Same at airport tax free shops, you might be able to wander around and look at them but they check your boarding card at the till and won't sell at tax free prices to people travelling within EU.
yea thanks for all those replys.
I feel really stupid now i forgot all about that so i can only buy booze and cigs from shops in resort no duty free on the way back either or at corfu airport will have to find a good shop in corfu any ideas.

thanks marg
We've just come back from Zante and were allowed to purchas 3,200 cigarettes each, in the duty free at the airport on the way back, but nothing on the plane.
not duty free*, tax paid at Greek rates, whatever that may be. And presumably the price was so low it wouldn't be worth any airline trying to compete. 3200 is a guideline figure accepted as "reasonable personnel use" by UK Customs (and presumbably the other EU customs as they are all working to the same rules). But it's not an allowance as such, if they found you were travelling every week they may suggest that 3200 every time was a bit more than personnel use (unless you were coughing your lungs up at that time!).

* if they want to call the shop Duty Free there's nothing to stop them. It's like the various special offers you see around in this country like "no VAT", it's just an equivalent saving off the basic price.

Anyway, this is going off topic, EU/non EU customs rules and Corfu shopping are covered in other threads.
Flying to Sharm from Luton. 11.05 flight. What time do we have to check in? Can't see it on my paperwork anywhere. We have Speedy Boarding.

Thanks
Mobor One,

The recommended check-in time for any flight is 2 hours prior to your departure time. Check-in closes 40 minutes before, promptly but you need to allow time to get through security and reach the boarding gate. They close 1 hour before for your return flight.

Darren
Thanks Darren. I'll aim for a check in time 3 hours prior to departure, and that should cover any delays and give me a bit of time around the shops.

Excellent service from you as usual, Darren, keep up the good work. :cheers
hi

flying on ezy1979 to corfu what type of plan is this an where is the incoming plane arriving from have checked easyjet website no info tryin to get a seat map we fly on 3rd october

thanks marg
xxmargxx,

MAN-CFU (EZY1979) is operated by an Airbus A320-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information including seat plans on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). ask me closer to the time and I'll see where it comes in from as it changes next month.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.