Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Just thought i'd post now that we're back from Majorca to say that I was really quite impressed with Easy Jet considering my reservations. Flights were on time, speedy boarding worked well at both Bristol and Palma (provided your straight to the gate when it's displayed on the screens) and I will definitely be using them again.
Does anyone know when Easyjet will release flights for October 2012?
I was looking to book a flight with Easyjet and it came out at the top of what I was prepared to pay. I filled in all my payment details and clicked to buy the flight, but the screen hung for a bit and then changed to say that the price had gone up by over £40. I clicked "Continue" thinking I would get the option to change the flight details or cancel it, however evidently this action confirmed the purchase at the higher price. So I feel a bit of a Muppet!

Is there anything I can do about this (the extra cost, not my being a Muppet) or would I be wasting my time complaining to Easyjet?

Thank you.
You could try appealing to their better nature but I don't think you'll get very far.

From the sound of it somebody else just pipped you to the post and bought the last seats available in that price band and the website was flagging up that the only available seats were in the next price band up and would cost £40 more. I think that Easyjet would argue that the website did give you fair warning that the price had gone up by £40 by the time you reached that point in the transaction and that if you wanted to try for an alternative flight or to cancel that you should have done so at that point by going 'Back' rather then clicking on 'Continue'. In my experience with any on-line purchase, once you've entered in your card details and click on 'Continue', the next screen always confirms the purchase at whatever price was last displayed and there is no going back.

Sorry, but I think that you would be wasting your time.

SM
Hi - I'm flying Easyjet 1903 Man/Tenerife on Sat 3rd Dec. Do you know which aircraft it will be please, also can I find out its previous route into Manchester, just so I can have a good idea which gate it will be waiting at?
Vivien-Marie,

MAN-TFS-MAN (EZY1903/4) are operated by an Airbus A320-200. The flight comes in from Alicante.

Darren
Thanks Darren, a star as usual. Don't suppose you know the flight no. in from Alicante, and when?
Just read that Easyjet intend to trial pre-allocated seating on a few routes next spring - please lets hope it is brought in for all routes permanently soon.
I am trying to book online with Easyjet - done it many times before. Want to book for June next year (flights only), but it is only showing one flight for 26th June to Barcelona from Stansted, which is a cheap flight. Wondering why there are no other flights for that day as there are usually 3 or 4 flights. The flight is too late in the day for us. Could it be that they haven't yet put up all the flights for 2012 yet or am I doing something wrong?
There are six flights out of Gatwick and two flights out of Luton according to the website.
Someone may correct me but I would imagine Stansted are only doing the one flight.
Oh no, hope not, as that is far too late for us to arrive in Barcelona and get the train to Malgrat.
Do any of you know a phone number for Easyjet that doesn't cost a fortune please?
Darren, I ended up emailing Easyjet and got an almost immediate reply! No more flights on 26th June YET and any additional flights to be scheduled will depend on air traffic control (whatever that means). Got a phone number too which costs 5p a minute - 0843 104 5000.
flights in the London area next summer will be subject to additional restirctions due to the Olypmic Games security plan - London is between Stansted and Spain. Your date isn't actually affected but if they can't plan a whole season they may do something different, like use Gatwick and Luton which are better placed.

And if you have a BT call plan with a free call allowance for weekend/evening/anytime most 0870 numbers are included.
Oh thanks Steve. Hadn't thought of the Olympic games security - thanks for that. Oh and the 0845 phone number is 5p a minute even though I have free calls with BT.
you said it was an 0843 number..

BT say 0845 and 0870 codes are allowed in the free allowance (at times when you get free calls depending on package).

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=31674
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.