Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hello all, I have 2 flights for summer, however, finances have changed, I was wondering if I can sell on my tickets or will I just have to lose them? Does anyone know what my options are?
So my flights were about £400 for 2 people return mcr to dlm. I am womdering if the best bet is just to give them up... :cry
Yes unless you can find someone to take them over and pay the name change fees and the difference in the fare at the time of the change of name.
I am womdering if the best bet is just to give them up

My reading of the Easyjet T&Cs is that it will depend on what the current going price is for seats on your flights and what sort of arrangement you can come to with the person who buys them off you. Changing the name is going to cost per person a minimum of £35 + the difference in price between what you paid and what those seats are selling for now. At its simplest, if that figure comes to less than the £200 per person you paid then you are least getting something back even if the person who buys them is only willing to pay you the £200 pp you paid.

On the otherhand if it comes to more than £200 per person it won't be worth it for you on that basis. But if the person who buys them off you is prepared to pay not just the £200 for each ticket but also some/all of the charges involved in making the name change then it would also be worth doing it - you'd recoup some/all of the money you laid out.

A friend in a similar situation and for whom the figures didn't make it worth while trying to recoup any of the money, 'gave' the seats away to a family member who then paid the charges involved in changing the names. The family member was happy because they got a couple of seats for less than they would have had to pay if buying at that time, my friend was no more out of pocket than they would have been anyway had they just not shown up for the flight, the seats got used and my friend was seen as the nice person who had enabled their grateful relative to put together a reasonably priced last minute DIY holiday they wouldn't otherwise have been able to afford. Yes, my friend lost the money but they were going to lose that anyway and they were glad that at least someone they knew got some benefit.

SM
Hello all,

Thanks for the replies. I am so undecided at the moment. Hopefully I will be able to re-save but I just wondered what the options were, which I now know. Thank you for everything guy's, you have helped. :cheers
I am so undecided at the moment
easyjet fares will go up daily as seats sell out (if they have't already done so). You may be losing money sitting around thinking about it and may lose more whilst trying to sell.
Think it may work out ok in the end... The old parents have stepped in... :cheers :cheers :cheers
I've flown with easy jet many times but don't think I've attempted to do on-line check-in with luggage. Then again, something tells me I have :think To save me trawling through pages of the easy jet forum can somebody tell me if it's possible to check-in on line with Easy jet with luggage. The more I think about it the more I'm convinced that the old policy of on-line check in for hand luggage only changed some time ago and that I actually checked in with hold luggage when we went to Prague a couple of years ago.

The reason I ask is that I checked my easy jet booking yesterday and there was a section to print out boarding cards which I tried to do but for some reason it wouldn't let me although yesterday was 29 days from departure and the rule is that on-line check in opens from 30 days. It got me thinking that the reason I couldn't do it was because I've booked a suitcase. Can anyone shed some light on it please? My flight's from Bristol to malaga.
You can check in online with luggage, with Easy Jet it seems to be one desk fits all for wherever your flying, anyway that has been the case for us to Tenerife both from Gatwick and Manchester.
shirley h,

It is posible, yes. Just check-in online then go to the Easyjet desk at the airport to check bags in. It's not always a time saver though as you still have to queue.

Darren
Wow, that's what I call a fast reply :tup thanks both.

I was convinced I'd done it from Bristol to Prague. I'll have to give it another go, maybe it was a technical hitch on the part of their site yesterday. thanks!
It seemed to be a problem with IE as son managed to download the passes for me on his laptop- he uses firefox. He then tried to see why I couldn't get them to download on my laptop and succeeded by going through Chrome although he failed with IE (as I did) :que

They've been saved now so I'll print them off soon.
If you still have to queue, rather than just drop luggage off, is there any benefit to checking in online, especially with Easy Jet as there's no seat allocation?
yep check in on-line and then go to "bag drop" shirley which happens to be the same queue as those checking in . Well it was at Gatwick . :)
If you still have to queue, rather than just drop luggage off, is there any benefit to checking in online, especially with Easy Jet as there's no seat allocation?

Not that I saw Helen
Thanks Lyn - I don't think I'll bother then. We're always at the airport early anyway.
I've already checked in on line and printed out our boarding passes for Easter. Sometimes there is less of a queue at the bag drop than the ordinary check-in desks. They are different desks in Bristol and in Prague when we did it a couple of years ago, the bag drop was the same desk as speedy boarding.

when we checked in on line a couple of years ago at Bristol there was more of a queue at the bag drop desk than the normal check-ins but in Prague we went right to the front whilst the normal desk had a massive queue waiting for it to open.

At least, if you've checked in on line you'll get a choice of going to whichever one has the shortest queue and it doesn't cost anything so nothing to lose anyway.
I must have been lucky :tup and not had to queue at bag drop at Gatwick, unlike easys check in desk that seems to be one long queue for multipule fight numbers.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.