Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Grrr... Woke this morning to find e-mail for ej to say my flight times have been changed. Not impressed I had booked to fly out of mcr at 08:00, now it is 16:10... I don't know what I can do, got those flight times as it's my birthday that day to and wanted see my bf early. I fly to dlm, so will get in maybe midmight to resort... :-( :cry
how long ago did you book and how long until you fly? They did this with me for my September trip booked 6 months in advance. A month later they moved it 3 hours better but over the next 3 months they moved it back twice until I ended up where I started!
Hi Steve,

I just re-read the e-mail and I was able to transfer to a different flight without charge. I read early this morning and just paniced as I assumed I would need to pay difference between what I originally paid and cost f flight as it is no, but thankfully this was not the case. In theory the new flights will work out better fr us, but as you just said they changed on you, fingers crossed the flights I have jumped onto won't change now!

I booked when they were released for summer 2012, originally we went 24th July to 10th August. Now we going 21st July to 11th August... Oops, bit longer than before!

By the look of it they have changed a few as originally I wrote down all flight times in and outbound for when I was booking.

So, for now I am happy and fingers crossed they don't change on me again... :cheers :tongue :tup
uhm.....

the main period for changing summer flights is early spring. You've a long way to go yet!

They also had an issue with emails going wrong, for one of my changes they sent 2, the second explaining that some people had been missed from the first list. Keep an eye on your booking via the website and don't rely on being told.
oh lord!... well not really much we can do is there, with all the best will in the world I have booked what was 'suitable' to me at the point of boking, fingers crossed for not much f a change if it does change agaign before the Spring! :cheers
I also had an e-mail this morning from then saying our Easter flights had changed. it said new details are below but the details are the same as I'd booked- same day, same airport, same flight time. the only difference being my original booking states est time of arrival 12.20 and this new est time of arrival 12.15 surely to God this e-mail was sent by mistake and not to inform me we may land 5 mins early :rofl
No! The computer sees a change and that's that - you get an email automatically. Monarch did the same to me once for a 10 min later departure with same arrival - actually now I'm thinking about it they may have phoned me to tell me that!.
I have had an email sent previously to tell me of a 5 minute change in flight, ridiculous
I suppose they have to do this for as can you imagine if you missed the gate by 5 mins because you didn't know the flight had changed by 5 minutes?
Don't understand why I had an e-mail telling me I may arrive 5 mins early when that's neither here nor there. Who the heck knows to within 5 mins when the flight will arrive until we're in the air and the pilot plots the route according to weather conditions, winds etc. My departure time remains the same yet they felt the need to say that est arrival time 12.15 instead of 12.20 :rofl
anyone have any promotion codes for easy jet
Just back from a holiday going from Manchester to Alicante bit of an update as from Wed 30th November Easyjet are flying from T1. we checked in very early and no queues thankfully, also first time with Easyjet.
Regarding their speedy boarding at Manchester they did ask people to come down by the left aisle to board ;) We didn't do it though on this flight, me and partner got to sit together though!
Flight took off on time, we found the crew pleasant and helpful.
Coming back we didn't actually hear the call for speedybookers, again I did need to visit the toilet, we were almost last on and this time had to sit separately.
For myself I wish they did use a pre-book seat method, my partner is an anxious flyer and think they would of preferred being sat with me.

All in all not a bad experience and would use again.
On friday, I'll be booking flights for January but won't enough enough money to pay for hold luggage. Could I add the hold luggage the day before outward flight? I know there's a limit as to how close to flight you can add bags but can't remember what it is.
cate_taylor,

You can add luggage to your booking whenever you want via MyEasyjet.com. Don't leave it until the day of the flight though as it's much more expensive at check-in. Further details are on Easyjets website.

Darren
I wouldn't be adding hold luggage at check in due to the cost. I'd be adding the hold bags the day before we go when I get my money and it'd be in the morning as well, flight will be tea time on the Tuesday so bags will be added more than 24 hours before flight..
Hi
I have just noticed that Easyjet are adding a compulsory £9 admin fee onto all their bookings.
There is an additional charge of 2.5% for credit cards. There is no mention of electron cards.
When did this charge start ?- yet another way of making money - what admin do weget and need for this additional charge?
actually it's worse than that!

The additonal credit card charge is 2.5% with a minimum charge of £4.95 (which is 2.5% of £198).

The 2.5% (but not the basic admin or £4.95 minimum) also applies on name change (£35 person) or flight transfer (£35 per person + any difference in fare) transactions.

Further down their list of extra charges I've noticed a "Rescue Fee" of £50 - dare I ask what that's for....?
Wow. Glad I bought my flights a week ago and didn't wait.
I bought my tickets last week aswell , got flights to Tenerife with bags for £302 for the two of us , i suppose with another £9 on top of that its still cheap though ! i will spend the saved £9 on a coffee and bacon baguette instead.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.