Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Woody's Girl - I see you are flying out of Bristol. We flew out of Bristol this summer and boarding was the best I've seen for Easyjet anywhere. They were quite last minute calling the gate number, but when they did so, everyone was channelled into separate, fenced off lanes within the gate, depending on what boarding group they were in. Actual boarding didn't start til everyone had been checked through. However, some of the gates at Bristol appear to board directly off the main departures area, so may be a bit less civilised!

Unfortunately you do get a bit of a mob instinct developing if the gate isn't well organised. Just make sure you arrive at the gate in good time and you will be fine.

We've only booked SB once, and were happy cos we got exit row seats (extra leg room). Normally we don't bother and have never had a problem with seating, but my kids are older so its not a worry if we are separated by a few rows.

SB will also give you quicker check-in at dedicated SB desk. It wouldn't do any harm to ask Easyjet if you could cancel the SB, since you don't really need it. I can't imagine you would get a refund, but they might credit your account.
Just back from Malaga, flew from Newcastle Speedy boarding great. Speedy boarders called first and walked to the plane. on return at Malaga separate queue for speedy boarders then the rest of the passengers in another queue. walked straight onto plane. No problems at all
Ditto on above post from Edinburgh to Basel. Speedy boarding worked great and well controlled at both airports. Great flights both ways, and arrived early on both flights. Very impressed!
Booked with directline for a weeks holiday and E-Mail conformation with documents to print out. Transfer, hotel and details given for API... No mention of one hold baggage on the conformation and so went onto easyjet who we are flying with and printed out boarding passes also no mention of one hold baggage on boarding passes..
Can someone tell me who has been on easyjet and printed out boarding passes do they or do they not put details of hold baggage on the boarding passes.. Thanks
Hi ray ... while you wait to hear from Easyjet passengers, can you confirm that you have paid a baggage fee ? Easyjet give a 20kg baggage allowance, but you still have to pay a fee per flight/per piece of hold baggage in order to make use of that allowance.

David :wave
Hi David, yes we have paid a baggage fee for 1 hold of luggage..
Hi Ray

I cannot remember if it was actually on your boarding pass (I have just thrown mine out) however it is well documented on their website and they are quite strict at implementing the one hold bag rule. For females you cannot have a handbag and a hold bag so if you want to take a handbag as well it will either have to go in the hold or fit in your cabin bag. There is no restriction on hand baggage weight though with Easy Jet.

Edit to above - I have just found my boarding pass and yes it does say on it one piece of hand baggage and gives you the dimensions.
Hi Ray.
I have just checked our boarding passes for our first easyjet journey next month and it does not state anything about any hold luggage, just one piece of hand luggage, however I have also printed the flight confirmation which clearly states we have paid for hold luggage, maybe you can do the same.

Alan
however it is well documented on their website and they are quite strict at implementing the one hold bag rule. For females you cannot have a handbag and a hold bag

I think you've mixed up a bit here. The 1 bag rule is for hand luggage not hold luggage. You can have more than 1 in the hold as long as you pay for it.
To check in online you use your booking reference and name. But to view the full flight details you need the reference and booker's email address and account password. People like Ray who are booked by a travel agent aren't going to have those so can't check what luggage is booked or whether the API was entered correctly. And they won't get the confirmation email either, it will go to the booking agent. As will any emails about late alterations to schedules etc. And if the flight is cancelled you can't get at the page that allows you to rebook or get a refund, the agent would have to do it. Easyjet was not originally intended to be sold via agents so their systems don't really allow for it - don't even think about suggesting easyjet should spend a load of money changing their systems, the amount of profit agents bring them isn't worth the cost.
I do apologise. I wrote my post far too early this morning and was obviously still half asleep. I realised after that Ray was talking about hold luggage and I am wittering about hand luggage. I also made the mistake of meaning to say "hand" luggage and typed "hold" luggage per Shirley's post above. So Ray, just ignore my garbled post above :duh :wave:
I had this as well Ray. I booked a holiday with James Villas & they used Easyjet flights for the 4 of us. If I had booked direct I would only have bothered with 2 hold bags, but James Villas automatically charged for 4. :duh I couldn't see the hold baggage shown on the documentation I was sent either, but as Steve says they were not originally intended to be used by TO's, so their systems don't seem to show this.

We had no problems at check in, James Villas must have informed Easy that we had paid for 4 bags to be checked, so I wouldn't worry.

Doe :sun2
I've asked this question before but am going to ask again just in case anything has changed. I fly to Sharm El Sheikh on the 11th Oct and it says on our original booking email that we fly from Terminal1 Manchester. I have just chequed in online and and it also says Terminal 1 Manchester. I have always flown from Terminal 3 and believe that it is the only terminal that easy jet fly from. I Phoned easyjet about 6 weeks ago and they said it will be terminal 3, so why does it say terminal 1 on all my documents? I'm just a little worried as we have booked parking and everything and don't want to trekking from one place to another with all the bags in tow. Is there anybody else on this flight with the same info? Thanks
New service to Berlin and Kefalonia

EasyJet has begun direct flights between Manchester and Berlin and Gatwick and the Greek island of Kefalonia.

The low-cost airline will start selling Gatwick to Kefalonia on 20 October.

It will fly to the German capital city five times a week from today and hopes to attract visitors to the popular Christmas markets in Germany which start on 22 November.

"We're pleased to be strengthening our presence at Manchester Airport and increasing choice for leisure and business travellers in the region with the launch of the only direct service to Berlin," said UK commercial manager at easyJet, Ali Gayward.

The new service to Berlin is the third new easyJet route from Manchester this year.

A new route to Palma, Mallorca began in March followed by a new three-times-weekly service to Bilbao in June.

Twice-daily flights to Belfast will also start operating later this month.

With permission from Travelmole
To Stella7 - looking at Easyjet Manchester departures for today/tomorrow everything is from terminal 3 so that it probably where you're flight will go from.
Anyway, terminals 1 and 3 are adjacent to each other (internal connection) so its not far from one to the other (not that you can say the same for terminal 2)
Thankyou Astens,

It never entered my head to look at departures.
Hi ,

Anyone know where the plane used for Easyjet flight EZY1973 (Manchester to Paphos) has been beforehand on 21 October and what time that incoming flight is due in to Manchester ?

Thanks.
The identity details you need to add with Easyjet before flying with them... i've done all that, included all the passport details but when we log in it's still saying something like 'important identity information needs to be added to your details'. Is it normal that that message still appears when we've already put the information in?

Oh, and I'm assuming children can't occupy the exit seats?
Woody's Girl wrote:
Oh, and I'm assuming children can't occupy the exit seats?

They have to be 16 or over.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.