Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi Vicky, whe I check-in on line with Easyjet, I just go to their website, scroll to the very bottom of the home page and click on 'check in on line'. When the next screen appears you will be able to put in the lead passenger's name and your booking reference and check-in. You can check in on line 30 days or less before departure.

As you haven't booked directly with Easyjet, I'm not sure if it will accept your booking ref number to do it this way. You could give it a go- nothing to lose.

Sorry I can't help with the rest as I've never flown from Luton.
vicky1804,

Welcome onboard :tup
You'll find most of the information you're looking for on Easyjet's website. You can check-in at any of the Easyjet desks locacted on Level 1 in departures. They offer online check-in with baggage drop-off desks at the airport, indicated by the screens above the desks. As you've booked through an agent, they'll have your booking information so you'll have to speak to them in order to get the details (Easyjet booking reference number) for online check-in. It may not be possible though depending on how they book things with Easyjet. If you can't, I wouldn't worry as you'll have to check bags in anyway so it's not much different to regular check-in. Just allo an extra few minutes in case the queue is longer.

Darren
Thanks :) We are planning to get to the airport approx 3 hours before our flight with it being a new airport to us so im sure we shouldnt have any problems.

I waiting for an email from Easyjet in regards to booking seats as we are flying on the trial flights. We prefer being right at the back of the plane. Dunno why but I think it has something to so with someone joking saying " You never see planes reversing into mountians do you?" :rofl
Somewhat similar Easyjet/Luton question.

Have seen that they have self-check-in points at Luton, as well as bag drops.

I've checked in online and printed out my boarding passes already.

Do I just go to the bag drops (where I'm hoping they'll print out the relevant stickers, strap them to my bag and away we go?

Or do I still have to check-in one these self-check-in machines so that I get a label printed?
djedwardsmith,

Once you've checked-in online, you just need to check your bags in. It's the same process as regular check-in, but just for your bags where bar codes are attached and you'll be given the tag receipts.

Darren
djedwardsmith its handy that you mentioned the check in points as I was just reading on the easyjet website how easy those are to use.

Thanks
One other point to mention with the bag drop was that you cannot try getting just one person of the party to stand there and drop the bags . If you have 4 bags you will need 4 of your party there with passports etc . We flew from Gatwick & I did check in on-line first but in our case it didnt really seem to save much time if you were still dropping bags .
We flew from Gatwick & I did check in on-line first but in our case it didnt really seem to save much time if you were still dropping bags .

It does depend on how many others have checked in on line. The last twice I've done it, there was nobody in the bag drop queue but a huge queue at the normal check-in desks so we gained a lot of time but the first time I checked in on line the bag drop had a lot more people in the queue than the ordinary check-in desks. I just joined the small queue for the normal check in and there wasn't a problem. So at least if you've checked in on line you get two options :tup
Invariably there are hardly any queues at bag drop desks. One good reason for me not to arrive at the airport so early.
When we flew from Gatwick at Easter the drop off queue was huge, so we joined the one at a normal check in -no problem. As Shirley said - if you check in online then you have the option of joining either queue
Cheers Dazbo, would that be go straight to the bag drop then (assuming they label it there) or would I still have to queue up at the desk to get my suitcase weighed and tagged?

Edit: Having read the few posts above it seems I can do either.
The bag drop desk is for those people who have checked-in online and printed boarding cards but need to leave their bags for the hold. They will be weighed, tagged and you will be given a receipt. You will need to show your printed boarding card(s) and passport(s).
Hi dj, as AHV said- the bag drop is where you get them weighed and tagged and you'll also have to show your boarding passes. You're correct however that if that queue is too large you can join the normal check-in queue. So you have the choice :tup
Hi,

We are due to fly to Rome with Easyjet on
Wednesday 30 May Bristol To Rome Fiumicino
flight 6185 ; dep. 12:15; arr. 15:45

I havent yet booked speedy boarding and as I've never flown with Easyjet before I am just wondering in people's experiences whether it is worth it or not. There is 1 adult and 1 child, and they have quoted us £21 total for speedy boarding. I don't want to face not sitting with my son, and as I have no way of knowing how busy the flight is, I have no way of knowing whether it is worth paying it or not. . .does anyone have any experiences of such?

Also, am not sure of the seat configuration and wondered if anyone knew what this may be.

TIA, Karen x
IMHO not worth it. Just make sure you are early to the boarding gate and after the Speedy Boarders have gone you'll be next. For two of you I doubt very much you'll have a problem sitting together, the problem arises if you are late to the gate on a full flight. Seat configurations are 3+3.
Karen_uk wrote:
Also, am not sure of the seat configuration and wondered if anyone knew what this may be.

You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
I agree with AHV. I don't think you'll have much trouble sitting by your son as long as you're not late at the gate. Can I ask how old your son is? If he's young, even if you were a bit late at the boarding gate, I can't see people letting you sit apart. I'm sure some kind passenger would move so you could be together.
I moved seat once so a kid could sit next to its mother.

Unfortunately I moved to the seat in front and the little darling kicked the back of my seat all the way to Gatwick :rage
Hello all.

1. Easyjet are having a sale, some reasonable flights to Turkey now which had shot through the roof previously. Still more than I paid but not too bad. Thinking of booking for 3 weeks after we come back!! :cheers

2. I have flown a few times with ej just me and a child and have never had any problem. When my daughter was 5 and under they would let us board after the speedy boarders, but this year she is 6 so I will just take my chances and join hopefully after speedy boarders depending on the hussle in line! I think I will start practicing with her in the living room the ''stand up and dash game'' get her with the programme!!! :rofl :rofl :cheers :cheers

Happy hol's
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.