Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I've flown with Easyjet four times in the last eighteen months, have never paid for speedy boarding, have never been separated from the people with whom I was travelling and have never felt myself to be in a 'scrum' :)
DS is 4 and still has a high back booster seat at home. We've never been able to rent one with a car from Alicante and have only been able to hire a booster cushion which is OK for DD 8.

I've tried contacting Easyjet about taking the high back booster with us but get different answers - some say I have to pay, others said I don't have to pay... A friend recently took two booster cushions and didn't pay. I wondered if there was a limit on the age of the child you could take a seat for.

Has any one got any experience please? Goldcar want to charge me €48 for each booster seat (including 1 that isn't the right sort for my DS) and I can check another case in for £28 if necessary but it's a case of getting it in the car to the airport;-)

TIA

Su
I shall move your post from the Costa Blanca forum to our Easyjet topic in the Flights forum where it may get a better response.

luci :wave
AskCy wrote:
having just booked a flight on EJ.. this topic is quite scary !... suppose we can't be bothered to go charging to the front of queue's maiming old folk and trampling on children... will we still get a seat ?... or do people do stupid things like a family of four sitting on 4 rows so they all get a window seat ??

Steve I agree with Luci and Pippy, there's nothing wrong with the flight itself. It did sort of put me off knowing there was going to be this 'dash' but both journeys were fine.

On the outbound we boarded from the rear and got the middle exit row seats. On the return we were about 4 rows from the front. Leg room was fine, and no-one spread their group out to my knowledge. One bloke on our return leg was sitting in the aisle seat with no-one in the two remaining seats, a couple asked for the seats and he stood to let them pass. His wife was in the aisle seat across from him so they obviously both preferred aisle seats.

The airport in Malta is nice too, on landing I was impressed at how clean it looked, very shiny floors!
Steve I actually like EJ .Other than the queing their flights I think are very good . Ive never had one delayed , there appears to be more legroom than some of the charter flight's I've taken and everything seems to run very smoothly. You dont need to trample over children & old folk just to get a seat together . Just join the queue at some point and head for the back steps . If you are in the last 10-20 people to board you can realisticaly expect to be seperated but it's only for a few hours and your wife might like a bit of peace for the short trip :rofl
I think that you have summed it up well Lyn. You will always get people who want that bit more
Hi All,

Just an update, I did write an email to them and got a response saying apologies, blah blah. Whist we make every effort, we cannot control other peoples behaviour. We are aware of problems at certain destinations and are trying to deal with them but ultimately how the public behave is not their responsibility.

Hmmmm, i am wound up now...

I don't want to panic people and put them off. I just wanted to voice an opinion. The outward flight, and indeed the flight and aircraft in general was not the issue, and to be fair was really good. We had no issues getting on or off in the UK, and when Easyjet are good, they are really good. I had an issue coming home that I felt I should make them aware of so they can rectify it, however I get the impression, they aren't that bothered...I will keep you informed.
luci HT Mod wrote:
I shall move your post from the Costa Blanca forum to our Easyjet topic in the Flights forum where it may get a better response.

Thank you Luci - I didn't realise there was an Easyjet topic.

Su
It seems as if Easyjet are finally realising people on the whole don't like it if they haven't got an allocated seat and they are trialling allocated seating on certain routes.
This is the link http://easyjet.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5575
I wonder what happens if a Speedy Boarder sits in a seat that someone has already booked and paid for and doesn't find out until that person saunters on last expecting their seat to be vacant?

That would be rather interesting Luci :)

Im sure I read somewhere that they were doing trials using the first 2/3 rows of seating only . Can only assume those seats would be guarded by the cabin crew in some way.
When we flew back in May I noticed the first 2 rows on the left were cordoned off for wheelchair assisted passengers so wonder if they'll use the same technique for the trails?
On the flights that they are trying seat allocation I thought they were suspending speedy boarding :think or did I dream that ? Apart from the difficult issue that ukbill has unfortunately had to deal with , which is boarding as a family, I would say their flights are fine. I have never known for a family to sit in 4 window seats they normally want to be in a line.

:sun2
luci HT Mod wrote:
I wonder what happens if a Speedy Boarder sits in a seat that someone has already booked and paid for and doesn't find out until that person saunters on last expecting their seat to be vacant?

Doe is right , you cannot book speedy boarding separately on allocated seat flights , if you purchase certain seats which I imagine are ex legroom and up front ( rows 2 to 6 ) which children can use , then you qualify for speedy boarding , even if you do not pre purchase an allocated seat which is £3 then you will be allocated a seat so everyone has their own allocated seat ,
the speedy boarder has their own allocated seat ( which they have paid more for) why would they want to sit in another seat ? , in fact with allocated seating it's not worth rushing to be on the plane first as everyone has their seat number , but by buying certain types of seats it means that you can have a quicker check in at a dedicated desk and the "elite few" and people with small children can board first when the plane is less congested and everyone else behind are not pushing and shoving because they already know where they will be sitting.

Sounds a fairly good system , if you want a privilege then you pay for it , I would think this system would be best on busy routes where lots of families go to , that way parents can pay just £3 per seat to make sure they are all sitting together and perhaps there wouldn't be the sort of experience baldy man26 had to endure.

If when you booked the flight it wasn't an allocated seat flight , then easyjet will contact you to see if you want to book a certain type of seat.
no trials on any of the Bristol routes so it will be a race for the plane for us in August :( I don't like boarding too early as I'm a nervous flyer so when we book a package holiday with allocated seats on the flight I like to hang around and be with the last to board. The worst part of the flight for me is sitting on the plane waiting for take- off.
shirley h wrote:
The worst part of the flight for me is sitting on the plane waiting for take- off.

That's the bit I enjoy most ! I actually feel most relaxed at that point , I'm feeling pretty happy at finally sitting down with a paper to read after all the standing , queuing and looking round the shops .
Once in the airport I just want to get through all the processes so I can have a good sit down and relax , thinking about nothing but arriving on holiday.
ooh, I wish I could be like that Andy. I quite like the airport but once I'm on board I start getting a bit fidgety. The sooner we're in the air and I can start counting off the hours, the better. Nothing worse than waiting for everybody to find their seats, put away their hand luggage and watch the safety demo....and if there's a delay and there's an announcement that we have to wait for a new slot :duh

Not being able to get on the plane last is the only bit of EJ that I don't like.
Hi All, we are flying to Dalaman again in September on the same timed flight that we flew on in May,that time was changed from 1.30pm to 4.35, does anybody know if that time will be changed too.It is Easyjet flight 3153 on 15th September.Thanks for any help you can give.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.