General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
You will have guaranteed sunshine in Egypt at that time YM . We always go over easter and its one of the best times to go temps wise as it's very very high over our summer months . Temps will be around 30 and maybe as high as 35 early April but it's not a sweaty heat , more of what I would call a dry heat.

Im assuming cyprus would be similar to Turkey at that time of year and would be more risky but if you are just looking for some warm sunshine and are willing to take the risk that you may get rain or sunbathing weather you could be ok .
We were in Cyprus end of April, a few years ago, no rain but cool out of sun, and the sea was freezing.
x lassi
Eygpt is 99% sunshine we went in february & April last year and it was hot hot hot to us! cant comment on cyprus
Hi yummymummy

My choice would be for Egypt however can you tell us slightly more about your specific holiday destination requirements such as - beach, activities, relaxing, excursions, likes / dislikes etc :tup

Graham
I'm a huge Cyprus lover and go 3 times a year on average but I wouldn't go as early as April as it's just not warm enough and the days are quite short too, let alone the freezing pools & sea :really

I went to Egypt for the first time this April instead of my usual Lanzarote for the first holiday of the year. The weather was fabulous compared to the Canaries at the same time of year.

I'll be going back next April to Sharm again
Hi, thanks to all of you for your help. I did want to go to Tunisia in August, but because i am a student nurse, i will be on placement for the whole of august :( I get 2 weeks off w/c 5th april 2010, so i am looking for a 10night holiday, as i go straight back out on placement after the easter holiday, and i cant miss any days.

I am looking for somewhere reasonably quiet, but with enough to keep my 6year old entertained. I know there wont be any kids clubs running in april, but this doesnt bother us.
We will be happy with a decent swimming pool, close to a beach, and we would do a couple of trips.

I know this isnt much to go off, but can anyone recommend a resort for us?

thanks a lot,

nicola
As long as you choose your hotel carefully then Sharm El Sheikh I think would fit the bill.

Most of the hotels had in house kids entertainers when we were there in April, we stayed at the Hilton @ Sharks Bay and some friends stayed just down the coast they too had childrens entertainers.

Most of an Egyptian holiday tends to centre around the hotel as they're usually All Inc. Plus they run transport into Sharm centre if you fancy a change in the evening or a visit during the day

:tup
Another vote for Egypt in April :tup ive been 3 times, and hope to go next year as well all being well. Always had great weather. Definatley better than the Canaries at the same time of years, but pools can be cold, so if thats important to you, try to get a hotel with a heated pool. The sea is normally warmer than the pools in April.
thanks again for all of your help :cheers

It seems like Egypt definetly fits the bill, so i will be having a look for hotels as soon as i get back from Turkey in 2 weeks :)
Have a great time in Turkey Nicola :sun2 miss you on the Goa forum :cheers
annx
We were in Egypt in March and the weather was brilliant. Hot during the day but cool at night so we slept well. It was warm enough to eat breakfast and dinner outside, although I needed a light cardi most nights after dark.
Can't help you with hotels as we chose one with no kids!
aww, thanks ann :)

we will definelty be back in Goa, but im just not sure when :( . it will probably be in a few years when ive finished my nursing degree.
Hope things havent changed too much by then.

bridd - thanks for that, it doesnt matter about hotels, as this is what i love most about planning a holiday, looking for hotel reviews :rofl
Hi Yummymummy :wave:

Take a look at these pictures for an idea of a couple of hotels in Sharm to start you off (click on picture to open individual album)

The Sonesta Beach - http://thumb19.webshots.net/t/69/169/2/92/34/2655292340074781839AMyvsD_th.jpg

The Sonesta Club - http://thumb19.webshots.net/t/60/660/7/65/17/2221765170074781839bkvECT_th.jpg

Both these hotels have children's clubs available that would be suitable for your 6 year old.

If you have definitely decided on Egypt remember to come and visit us in the Egypt forum for all your further advice and information where we will be delighted to help you - http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=32

Graham
Grahem, thanks very much, you have been most helpful :)
I am thinking of doing a late deal, but are there many of these available to Egpt in April?
I am thinking of doing a late deal, but are there many of these available to Egpt in April?

Ask in the Egypt forum (answers yes) ;)
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=32
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.