Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Have you looked on El Al's website, hbrac? Depending on where your daughter is travelling the checked luggage allowance is either 20 or 23kg. Also 8 kg of hand luggage is allowed.

HTH :D
Hiya Sue :lol: Good idea. I haven't looked on the website yet but I will. The info from the tour she is going with says 20kg max in a suitcase they can carry themselves !!! :lol: :lol:
I think that one of the other things to remember is that El Al's security is always really tight. Whatever they say on the website is what will definitely be applied but even if El Al allow more than 20kgs of checked in luggage for the flight, she does need to be definitely guided by what the operator for her tour says. Is the tour actually going to be around Israel? In which case the ongoing security situation is going to play a part too.

I don't want to raise your anxieties but if she's touring round Israel then the probable reason why they say that it should be no more than 20kgs in a case you can carry yourself is probably because she will always have to carry it herself and won't be allowed to have it carried by a porter. They are going to be so cautious about bombers that the advice here of never leaving your luggage unattended is not only going to be enforced to the letter but they will want to ensure that there's no chance of case being abandoned by a bomber to go off later after they have made their escape.

SM
You know how it is SMa. Seen the film, had the meeting. :lol: The tour is around Israel on an itinery where their wherabouts are centrally tracked all the time and itinery changed at any given time if needs be. There is also an armed security guard with them 24/7. I am expecting El Al's security to be tight ( and thank goodness for that) She has already practised pulling her case as I've told her nobody else will :lol: How many pairs of shorts does a girl need to take!!
Always more than her mother thinks! Get her to swap some of them for a bottle of Ariel Rapid handwash so she can rinse them out as need be. It will also save her taking 21 pairs of knickers :-)

Seriously, if the tour includes a kibbutz visit with an overnight stop at some point, she'll probably find that there'll be a launderette on site she can use to freshen up her clothes. The TO can probably give her some more information on this. She won't be the first to discover that she can't fit 21 changes of clothing (or more like 42 if she's anything like my nieces!) into a case that's to weigh no more than 20kgs :-)

SM
Ha Ha :lol: I see you've read the script. Well we started off with 21 shorts and 21 T shirts :oops: . Too late to take them back to Matalan now!! Whittled it down to 3 T shirts to one pair of shorts. Who needs 3 bikinis? "Well they don't weigh much Mum". Still need to get rid of a couple of kilos :roll:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.