Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi Scooter,
European 2 pin round will do the trick and they are cheaper to buy in Goa. Be careful on both outbound and inward flights now as they are really strict on weight!
Ray.
Especially inward. :evil:
Monarch are notorious for excess baggage, if your hand baggage is over the size that they have on there website, it will have to go to the checkin baggage, they will also weigh hand luggage.
You need to be well underweight on the way out to leave room for the things you will buy when you are there. Unless you are taking out stuff for CWT of course.

From what I have read they are becoming much more strict regarding excess baggage.
thanks for the replies.anybody know what is the maximum weight for hand luggage and is this as well as the 20kg allowed for hold luggage.
The airlines I have travelled with (Monarch/First Choice) allow 20kgs for economy (30 kgs for premier) suitcases plus 5 kgs for the hand luggage.
when i was having a look at thomascooks website for deals this Jan they said you had to pay 20pounds per person for an extra 5kilos allowance, and the standard allowance was only 15kg.. im sure that when ive been in the past with monarch theyve allowed us 20kg?
Hi
I think the usual allowance is 20kg but if you book a late deal, it might only be 15kg.

Thomson allow 25kg including hand luggage, 10kg of which can be cabin baggage assuming that the bag is not oversized.

I was looking at a TO website yesterday (maybe First Choice) and they give you the option to REDUCE your luggage allowance.
The difference in cost is minimal, though.

Polly
As the electricity query has been answered I am going to lock this and ask that the luggage allowance query be taken on to the Monarch thread on the flights forum here.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.