France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Friends of ours have a house at St Cyprien and they had to get a satellite system fitted to pick up British tv. We were there in 2005 and that was the only option at that stage.
I holiday near Perpignon. Can I receive FREEVIEW television or similar there?

Regards,

Billyboy.

Satellite only I'm afraid and because you are at the edge of the footprint you may not get all channels although the Bars in Spain seem to BUT they use huge dishes to grab a good signal.

Take a laptop and DVD's may be your best option but we tend to peruse the bars at night and watch films on the bars TV's
Highly unlikely I'm afraid, and with the selling of TPS (Television Par Satellite) to Canal Plus earlier this year, many BBC programmes are now unavailable. Some cable networks (often run by cities) offer BBC Prime and BBC World, which, whilst better than nothing, are NOT the real McCoy!
Hi De Hi wrote:
You can always watch French TV!

Not quite unless your TV is multi system

UK Tv is transmitted in PAL

Whilst only part of French Tv is most is in SECAM

and for the life of me I can't remember what the abreviations mean
Better still then. Leave the telly at home and enjoy a holiday sans Eastenders!
How do you know they want to watch East Enders?
Just spent a week in Argeles sur mer and hooked our ipods up to the tv hence able to view all stuff downloaded but didn't have the chance to watch to date whilst sipping locally produced really cheap wine woohoo!!! Seriously though the ipod/mp3 video player is probably the best option I have downloaded lots of stuff such as sopranos, only fools etc and some movies. Its great plus we downloaded kids stuff too.
Hi De Hi wrote:
Better still then. Leave the telly at home and enjoy a holiday sans Eastenders!

That's the way we do it in our caravan although this year we can use the laptop to watch a DVD or 2 if we get really bored from drinking what ever is on offer in the bar
although that's usually where the WiFi is situated for the laptop anyway
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.