EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
English TV
6 Posts
Does this help?

http://www.nerja-satellite.com/

You may be interested to note that I found that site via a revolutionary search engine that I have discovered.
It is called google.com....perhaps, given time, it may take off.
By typing in 'satellite tv nerja', I was given all sorts of information.

If anyone is interested in trying it, may I suggest that you put it to the ultimate test and search for.....french military victories......then click on 'I'm Feeling Lucky'.
I did actually e mail this firm a couple of weeks ago and did NOT get a reply!!!!!!! :?
I also did try Googling it first, but personal experience,from someone already living there is always worth having??
Thanks
Sheila M
You will soon find out that persistence is the name of the game when dealing with any company in Spain.
Sending one email and expecting a reply will get you nowhere.
Try multiple emails over the course of a month.

I take it that you are considering using Sky, in which case you will have to have a billing address in the UK and pay through direct debit.
An engineer will have to visit your home in Spain to find out exactly what size dish is required. Further north, here in the Costa Blanca it varies between a 1.9 meter and 2.4 meter dish. We can get all channels except BBC2 (who watches that anyway?). The weather has to be really bad for the picture to break up.
Prices vary as well. I imagine that your local newspaper in Spain will have dozens of companies advertising to do the work. I would expect to pay at least 1000 Euro for installation, including digibox and card.

I am also led to believe that you can run more than one digibox from a dish, but I am not sure if that would reduce picture quality.
There are a couple of free english language newspapers here in CDS. they all carry ads for $ky instalation. It should cost around 600 euros for a dish,sat box and freeview card. You will need a 1.3 meter dish. If you can get a box and card in UK and bring them with you it will be cheaper. If you decide to go down this path be very careful which digibox you buy as not all of them work in fringe areas. I reccommend a Pace 2600C1 or (nearly as good) a Pace DS430N. These can be purchased on Ebay for around £50 inc post.
As far as sharing a dish it is possible, in fact I do this with my neighbour, but you will need a twin or quad LNB installed on the dish and of course your neighbour's permission. again a local installer will do this for around 100 euros. I hope this helps.
And don't forget, if you bring a box and card from UK, to get the card activated before you come to Spain :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.