Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Oh well done, this is where we are staying.

but can i just say to you. if you'd searched on here you would have found a local number to ring.

this is a website you should always use when ringing the dreaded 0870 numbers

http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php
Yes I use that site as well but this time wanted to get in quick so decided to bite the bullet.

Regards

Papa
Just thought I would add to your post Papa, we too have found First Choice good Up until about 3 weeks ago!! Sorry to put a downer on this thread, but I thought I would share my experience with you. I hope this isn't :offtop

For months now I have been calling the "dreaded number" to upgrade our flights with FC, but each time they have quoted me £280 (per person), which to be honest I'm not prepared to pay as FC economy is fine we just felt like treating ourselves, they told me to keep trying - which I have been doing. However, about 2 weeks before Christmas I had a message on my phone (4:30pm) to call FC as they have an offer on their last 2 Premium seats - £80 pp!! As you can imagine I was well pleased. I rang them back and the lady who left the message wasn't available, but the lady who answered the phone said that it didn't sound right even though it had all been recorded on my profile - she said she would investigate and get back to me. There were lots of calls backwards and forwards, however they kept leaving messages on my home phone (probably avoiding me) which I told them not to as I work all day. Eventually the final message from them said "sorry, but unfortunately this was a one day offer only and the prices are now back to £280 pp". I called back and insisted that a supervisor call me back to discuss it"¦ still haven't received that call, and now I have just given up.

I just can't see how they can call you at 4:30pm with a one day offer, and not even give you a chance to respond.

I am really disappointed with FC's customer service :(
Last week i rang FC to see if a could delay our flight return by one week, turning the 2 weeks with accomodation we had booked into 3.

FC had no problem as there seats available on the return journey a week later.

When i declined there offer of a 3rd weeks accomodation as i said we would be staying with Goan friends.

FC said there would be a £200 "admin charge" for each seat.

I very politely declined this "generous" conncession to allow us to stay in Goa for another week

My plan being a surprise trip to the Taj Mahal has now been shelved for another trip.

GM 06
I really don't think "customer service" exists in the large travel companies anymore. It's just about getting as many people as possible on the hook with a good price and then finding as many ways as possible to extract further cash from them. It's huge numbers of people at low margins that they then try to improve with "extras".

They have extra charges for food, headphones, sportsgear, legroom and now I've just had a letter inviting me pay extra to make sure we get adjacent seats. I think I'll pass on that one. What next? Another tenner for use of the toilets? A fiver for the reading light?

I won't bore you with my troubles with Direct Holidays upon selling to Thomas Cook but spending time repeatedly pushing buttons on 0870 numbers to then be told, "we're busy, phone back" is just appalling. It has been impossible to speak with a human and letters have been unanswered. It's obvious the companies have given up any semblance of customer service and just "process" people through systems that are designed for their convenience. Part of me understands that's the price we pay for cheap travel but the customer in me gets mightily pi :swear ed off with it all.

Just get me to the beach!! :D
It would seem that there are more examples of poor customer service than good.

Regards

Papa
I have chosen FC this year after EVERY person i spoke to last year raved about the flight and service.

Thomson were ok last year but FC have already showed signs of good customer service.

Most of the above comments are positions of conflict which don't always finish in a win:win.

And we all know what we are getting ourselves in for the moment we click proceed with booking.

If only Carlsberg did holidays eh
Lets be honest.Most of us on here are Goa regulars and know what to expect.I would also guess that a large percentage get off the plane get a taxi find their way to their hotel and for their whole holiday have nothing further to do with their tour operator.I think this is probably unique to Goa.So therefore the price and flight becomes more important.We all know the hotels are much of a muchness albeit we all have preferences.

First Choice are my preferred carrier because their product is netter than I have experienced with other carriers so for me it is all about the price and the flight.

I was just so pleased to get for a change a really nice customer service experience.

Regards

papa.
I agree with comments above, although I had ONE bad experience with FC I would still use them in the future. If I'm honest when I heard the message my first thought was "this is too good to be true". I am not too bothered that I didn't get the upgrades my only issue was exactly what Roma pointed out, I couldn't actually speak to anyone and I think that this is a general customer service problem not just FC.

My final thought with my situation is that I believe the first person that called me made a mistake, which was then covered over by them telling me it was a one day offer only.
Lozza , I had the same call offering the seats for £89 but I was on holiday at the time and by the time I came home the offer was finished, they do offer seats for a very limited period just to fill some up and withdraw it very quickly, mine are now £449 per person!!
Are the FC flights really good then?

Anyone?
Best ones I have been on.No dreaded stopover in Bahrein more leg room and good IFE.All the others except monarch I think are catching up though.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.