Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Thanks Nivsy :tup

What location is best to stay in if you wanted to go and visit the old town in an evening?

None of it as nice as loch lomond mind you

:think Probably not, much drier and no midges though :D
Gib is really so small it does not matter where you stay....although the Callaghan or the Bristol hotel are more central in Gib. The old town is easy to walk to from any although to be honest there is not really that much around the old town...The marinas and case mate sq is where most people go in the evenigs or for tapas runs to la linea. The rock hotel looks a bit dated these days and is on the hill so a bit more walking involved.
Thanks once again nivsy :tup I have been checking hotel prices on Trivago and staying in ASUR Campo de Gibraltar on the Spanish side in La Linea de la Concepción is a cheap option compared to staying in Gibraltar.
can anyone tell me where i can find bus/train timetables and prices for travel between torremolinos and gibralter and of coarse stopping off at as many places in between thankyou any info would be appreciated
Best bet is to take the bus to la linea.

Check the Andalucia web site (use your friend google to find it) and look for bus services.
the cheapest would be contact a travel desk at your hotel. there are many bus tours to gibraltar for only 25 euros, coach and some excursion included.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.