Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
...hi mids on tour ....just bring one with you from uk...take a two pin plug like you would use in spain ...plug the extension in the two pin and bingo ...you can then use all the things you mentioned......if your worried about that you can get a plug there for next to nothing and just plug the extension in to that..... :idea: :idea:
make sure that the extension lead is anti-surge because the current is rather unstable in Goa.
You can buy a four gang socket that takes any type of plug and is fitted with anti-surge for anything between 80 and 300 rupees. Try Give and Take electrics next to Centurian bank in Calangute. I've also seen them for sale in supermarkets.
GFF
You can buy a four gang socket that takes any type of plug and is fitted with anti-surge for anything between 80 and 300 rupees. Try Give and Take electrics next to Centurian bank in Calangute. I've also seen them for sale in supermarkets.
GFF
Thanks for the replies....

You can buy a four gang socket that takes any type of plug and is fitted with anti-surge

does that mean 2 pin input and uk 3 pin output x 3 or 4 then GFF ???

Mids
I don't quite understand the question??/ having a blonde day!!!
The extension I have is a long piece of plastic attached to a cord which is attached to an indian plug. The plug goes into the wall socket. The long plastic bit has x4 sockets which take either indian or UK plugs.
I can't describe it any other way than that, hope this makes sense.
GFF
Thats what i wanted to know....

indian 2 pin input............ to uk 3 pin output, if its available locally saves lugging it from uk,

Mids
Mids,
Mine is actually an indian 3 pin input. Best to check whether you have 2 or 3 pin in your hotel room as both are used in Goa.
GFF
But so long as these indian extensions take uk output........were sort
ed!!! Most hotel sockets that i've been in take both the 3 and 2 pins. Really wish hotels would place their mirrors near sockets, def must be men that design layouts me thinks :shock:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.