Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
In my point of view you are one of the unlucky ones that booked for Faliraki. In 2002 it was a big boom there due to the 'rep' show on tv.
2003 was not a very good year there as the police was checking out the area daily due to the things shown on tv and some accidents that took place plus a killing among British.
2004 was a very very bad year. almost 50% of the bars and accommodation were empty!!!!
the way it looks 2005 will be even worst. so be prepared for not that many things going on as it is advertised. still lots of bars, clubs, girls, sea sun etc but not as it used to be.
I would like to disagree.... :shock:

I have heard that Falaraki is still quite lively, fair enough probably not as lively as it used to be 2/3 years ago but its fair from 'dead'. The 'place to go' changes every year, new ones being Malia & Zante.

Falaraki still has its groups, couples, families etc travelling there, club 18-30 is also still going there, so i imagine it to be buzzing in the high season.

I am going to Falaraki in Aug for 2weeks and I am not dreading the fact that it will be 'dead', if there is less people there slighty then isn't this better than it being completly rammed where you can't move?!!?! :roll:
Been there once - never again!
I'll probably get slated for this but here goes...
Now i know it's not all, but why do young Brits go abroad on holiday just to get as drunk as they can of a night time?
When i was there 4 years ago (never heard of Falaraki at the time and wanted to be close to Rhodes town), the 'young 'un's' having partied 'till the late early hours, would sleep all day, you would see them walking round like zombies at around 4-4.30 pm have something to eat, drink, an hour on the sunbed, then off they would go again for another night of partying.
Whats the point of paying all that money to go to Greece and hardly see daylight? :roll:

*Rant over*
Sorry, but wasn't this 4years ago?

Things and places do change..... :roll:
Unfrotunately, until someone ploughs lots Euros into the resort to make it a better place, then no, things may not change.

One question clairlou - Why Falaraki?
why not?

You said you went there 4 years ago, things can and probably have changed since you went there, so how can you have just a bad opinion on a place if you haven't been recently?
You're pretty much there end of season so it won't be busy but you certainly won't be the only ones there. Tour Ops tend to wind down towards October so with less flights arriving the island is quieter but make the most of it and explore places like Rhodes Town and Lindos that are usually swarmed with daytrippers.
The good news is that weather on the island is normally pretty good even this late on in the season :D !

Oh and clairelou/Intervoice - i think you'll have to agree to disagree :roll: . Faliraki's certainly not my favourite place on the island and i wouldn't choose to holiday there. That said when i lived on the island i used to love visiting Faliraki, it's so geared to the english it was the nearest thing to a daytrip home! I can certainly see why people love and hate it - we all want something different from a holiday, nothing wrong with that :D .
PS. They have ploughed some euros into it over recent years - the scruffy Bar Street that was has been paved with cobbles and looks a much smarter place and there's now a fantastic waterpark on the outskirts.
I think marcuschap 72 is correct - we will have to agree to disagree.
I certainly wont be going any where near falaraki if and when i go back to Rohdes.
as i was there the whole summer of 2003 and saw what was going on i would say it was quiet compare to other years. i went by last march and the owners of bars and apts were dissapointed with what is happening nowdays. they didnt had that many bookings and were talking for a bad year.
i have to agree tho that when you are used to lots and lots of people when it drops down to 50% then it seems like empty to you and thats what the locals say.
the new thing is that the 18-30 is moving slowly slowly out of it towards the town or Rhodos but still keeps accommodation over for those who wish.
they have put money in to it but only for things that a 18-30 tourist would like. some are trying to change that 'clubing' resort to a more family one but not so lucky.
i will just say that the locals consider it a dead area. if that is as money pot or tourist pot i dont know.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.