Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Ooh - you'll love Lykia World - my kids still talk about their holiday there!

You could look at the First Choice holiday village in Sharm (due to open 1st June -see sep. thread) - personally wouldn't recommend the Titanic Aquapark in Hurghada in case you were considering it
The LTI Azure also has waterslides but you need to check the reviews as they are variable. Many good ones though.

Think it's at the same end of Sharm as the Coral Sea resort and near where they are building the new FC holiday Village.
Thank you, will take a look at your suggestions.

Yes we're really looking forward to Lykia, just slightly worried we'll be spoiled for anywhere else though as we like trying different places. :D
Definately try the Holiday Village for next year. If you book now they have really good prices available. Just booked to go there next June for 9 of us, 4 adults and 5 kids and we got it for £4818.
We went to the holiday village in turkey and the kids facilities are brilliant, and not just for young children either. They have loads for the older ones too.
My friends went to Lykia World a couple of years ago and still talks about it now. (Just today actually!) She said it was fab.
What ever you decide, enjoy it.

Emma
Tah-M could I just ask why you wouldn't recommend the Titanic in Hurghada.

We went there last July and had a fab time. Yes its not luxurious, but for the price paid it offers excellant value for money and my kids had a fab holiday there. The waterslides kept them entertained all day. So pamplemousse if your kids like waterslides then I would recommend this place.

We have also been to the Grand Azure and again had a fab holiday. It felt much more luxurious than the Titanic and evening entertainment for the kids was better, but the slides no where near as good so it depends really on what your after. The Grand Azure cost us over £400 more as well.

I do fancy the holiday village and Golden resort aqua fun because of the slides, but will consider these for next year, once the reviews have started coming in.

Have you decided now?
In a word no lol. Thanks for all your suggestions though :D

I was looking at the Golden resort Aqua fun but as you say the reviews with the water park extension aren't in yet ditto the new holiday village although they are both contenders.

Think we are looking for the whole cabuddle, greedy huh? The waterslides are a big draw for the kids but then again the evening ents are too and a bit of luxury and excellent food are key requirements for us :P I would also be interested in anyones views who had visited both Lykia and one of the First Choice holiday villages.

Will revert back to my huge pile of brochures that I keep ploughing through and report back.

Thnaks for everyones input, much appreciated.
Nicolaw.

Why not the Titanic??? We were there August 2006 -so things MAY have changed but..................
1/ Noise (disco/music/aircraft/other residents)
2/ Unsafe flooring (was VERY hot to walk on (especially the "red" areas) and extremely slippery in places - we all resorted to aqua shoes which helped - but we saw several nasty falls)
3/Not enough supervision of the slides - queueing had turned into a free-for-all with (sorry if it sound racist!) Russian guests literally hogging the rings etc (some even had them by their sunbeds when they weren't using them and refused to put them back into general circulation) - became a battle to use the facilties at all.
4/ Lots of day guests sharing the facilities with hotel residents
5/Location right on the outskirts of town (not that Hurghada offers an awful lot - but the Titanic is fairly remote

Personal view only - there are plenty of slides and rooms etc are good - but I think personally that there MAY be better options. Would love to try the HV and compare.(anyone got room in a suitcase??)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.