Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
I'm visiting my friend tonight who has recently returned from Corralejo & stayed in private accommodation (2 aparts on different complexes) I'll ask her for you.

Do you want to be near to restaurants too?

I've never been to Fuerteventura what made you choose it?
Thank you Glynis :)

I'm not too bothered about being near restaurants as I may only eat out once or twice. Being able to chill out in the sun with a good book is far more important, preferably away from organised entertainment. I'm not particularly keen on "English" restaurants and bars when I'm on holiday...I like to eat local dishes and I'd rather have a glass of wine on the balcony than join in "Happy Hour".

I chose Fuerteventura because I wanted to get away in March while OH is away, I need a break as I have been quite ill (well on the road to recovery now, fingers crossed) and affordable destinations are pretty limited. I didn't fancy Tenerife as it seems too built-up, Gran Canaria was a possibility as was Lanzarote but I'm sure it will have changed from the 80s when Los Pocillos beach was the last area of tourism between Puerto del Carmen and the airport and the ring road was only just being built. Another factor was, in case of poor weather I'll hire a car for a couple of days but I've already seen what I want to see in Lanzarote.
Hi :wave: Spoke to my friend last night and she stayed private rental at Oasis Royal Apartments. She said they were quiet, as there wasn't any entertainment or a bar.

If you google them you will find a few rental sites. :tup

Friends of theirs stayed in the Erika apartments which are right by the beach

http://www.apartamentoserika.com/inicio.php?lang=eng
Thank you so much Glynis.

The Oasis Royal apartments are on my list of possible apartments :)

The Erika apartments look great but not available for my dates. I'll bookmark them though.
I think they are going sometime in March too :tup They got 3 apartments one each for themselves, their son & DIL, and one for the mother in law.
Hi Lzzy

If you are just wanting to chill out and acces the best beaches on the island and dont mind being outnumbered by our German friends then I would suggest Costa Calma or Jandia
I havent astayed in appartments usually do hotels but did spend a fortnight with friends in a villa in CC.
These appartments may suit if the Spanish page loads click the union jack icon and the English version will load.

Costa Calma

http://www.esmeralda-maris.com/es/inicio.php

Jandia

http://www.punta-marina.es/en/inicio.php
Thank you for your replies.

I did look at Costa Calma and Jandia but those apartments are out of my price range.

I've had to compromise because of cost and I've booked a private apartment at Oasis Dunas in Corralejo. I know this is a large complex with entertainment but I'm hoping it might be fairly quiet at this time of year and I've been told that the apartment should be far enough away from the bars that noise shouldn't be a problem in the evenings. If it's too noisy round the pool or on my balcony during the day I'll walk over to the Oasis Royal pool or go to the beach.

I'll post a review when I get back.
Glad to hear you are sorted :tup

Have a lovely, relaxing time :sun2
hello IzzyWizzy,

as were your holidays?

You've found the tranquility you wanted?

regards
The apartment I stayed in was lovely and certainly not noisy.

The weather was very mixed and, unfortunately, I had some things stolen from my bag while on the beach which has soured the experience for me somewhat.
Aww so sorry to hear of the theft. Had you left your bag unattended?

Thieves do go on holiday too unfortunately :(
No I hadn't...it was right by me so I'm not sure how they did it :(
oh no that's not good. I hope it didn't ruin your holiday
It did spoil it Fiona. I hadn't been on holiday for 3 years and this holiday was a treat paid for by my Dad to help me get over a serious illness. My travel insurance won't cover the theft either :(
that's dreadful. I'm really sorry.
Perhaps they stole from your bag as you were going to the beach?
You would have been feeling fragile after your illness anyway. I hope you can put that behind you and concentrate on the positive in your life. I hope you continue to get better x
No, the things were definitely stolen on the beach as I'd used them there. It was only when I came to pack up that I realised they were missing.
Why won't the insurance cover the thefts if you never left your bag? Or didn't you report it to the police?

It's shocking really and those people should be :swear ashamed of themselves.
The local police said I needed a translator. I reported it by phone to the multi-lingual police.

I had my daughter's kindle and a camera stolen. The kindle isn't covered because it's an electronic item and the amount I can claim for the camera is less than the excess...though the excess isn't shown on the policy summary.

I'm looking into making an official complaint about both the excess not being shown and the way the insurance company has messed me about.
Have you reported the theft of the Kindle to Amazon as you'll need to deregister it from your daughters account. Also they can block it I believe which would make it useless to anyone.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.