General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
what do you normally do? Cross your legs?
There are already toilets for women, we call them toilets! I've never seen a urinal on a plane!
Im sure lassigirl means a separate toilet for ladies and gents, i agree , lets hope other airlines follow suit.
Although uncommon, female only toilets have been around for a while on aircraft. For example, female only facilites have been designated on GOL, V Australia (J) and Interjet aircraft for a while. They aren't necassarily seperate facilities for ladies and gents. It's normally the case that a toilet is designated for females only and other toilets are available for anyone. As mentioned above, it's not like the toilet design is any different! It's purely the designation. Most airlines have thought about it but decided against it.

Darren
not that i have ever needed [up to now] to use aircraft loo's , my observation is that men only and women only would be a greater benefit to the men, as on all the flights i have been on more than half the que are women [who also take longer using the facilities]
That's part of the problem Wiz any why airlines generally don't do it. If you have one toilet designated for women, say at the front of the aircraft on the left on a wide bodied aircraft, you'd have a constant stream of people trying to get from one side of the aircraft to the other and the queue would be longer than normal. You'd therefore need a crossing point which is either the galley or extra legroom rows. Both are far from ideal and the blocked isle would interfere with cabin crew duties. It's worse on a narrow bodied aircraft where passengers may not use the closest toilet, again blocking the isle. Given that passenger loads are often a 50-50 spit, or very near to, I can't see the need personally. Without going in to too much detail, I can apreciate they aren't the most hygenic places but regular cleaning solves that problem negating the need.

Darren
Sorry but this subject gets right up my nose. We are good enough to share when it's a case of making a baby, but we shouldn't get access to the same toilet cubicles. Contrary to some women's views, men aren't any dirtier than some females.

Get real; you are not going to get myxomatosis or any other virus from a male using the same toilet.

Auldyin.
We are good enough to share when it's a case of making a baby

What on earth does making babies have to do with the use of toilets??

I can understand why airlines don't have separate male and female toilets because of the reasons Dazbo has mentioned, from a female point of view I would like female only facilities, some men (not saying all) do have a sprinkling habit shall we say ;) and don't necessarily think about the next person using it again :duh
Erm dont make any difference to me on the aeroplane. I just use what is there :tup
some men (not saying all) do have a sprinkling habit shall we say ;) and don't necessarily think about the next person using it again

Do what I do. Take baby wipes with you and wipe around the loo seat
Debbie wrote:
some men (not saying all) do have a sprinkling habit shall we say ;) and don't necessarily think about the next person using it again

Do what I do. Take baby wipes with you and wipe around the loo seat

Yep I carry travel wipes and do that - but it would be great not to have to clear up the drips and drops :rofl
Thinking about this though logically. You can guarantee that if they start putting women only toilets into aeroplanes, then you can rest assure that the prices of flights are likely to :( go up
Probably right Debbie - any excuse for the holiday companies to throw on a few extra pounds
From my experience it seems to be the men who go to the loo during a flight the most - perhaps too much drinking in the bar beforehand??

I don't mind using toilets that are for both sexes but I do wish that men would put the seat down after they have finished. Some do (I have trained hubby to put it down) but I know there are a lot that don't.

Pippa
Pippa - slightly :offtop but son living with me has learn to always put seat down - train em young thats what I say
Sorry but this subject gets right up my nose. We are good enough to share when it's a case of making a baby, but we shouldn't get access to the same toilet cubicles. Contrary to some women's views, men aren't any dirtier than some females.

Get real; you are not going to get myxomatosis or any other virus from a male using the same toilet.

Auldyin

:rofl

I think you have missed the point entirely and your post comes across as somewhat uneccesarily aggressive..but in response, making a baby has nowt to do with the subject of airplane loos - unless of course the "Mile High" club figures in the equation..couldnt think of owt unsexier mesen tho.. ;)

I dont think it is a question of whether men are more or less hygenic than women either...nor is it suggested that any dangerous diseases are going to get passed over simply by using the same loo's ( do people seriously think like that these days??)

The idea is not practical anyway..
Get real; you are not going to get myxomatosis or any other virus from a male using the same toilet

:think myxomatosis, Myxomatosis is caused by the myxoma virus, a type of pox virus that only affects rabbits. :que
Quote:
Get real; you are not going to get myxomatosis or any other virus from a male using the same toilet

myxomatosis, Myxomatosis is caused by the myxoma virus, a type of pox virus that only affects rabbits.

yep, that only affects rabbits, not humans. It's impossible for humans to get that as it's not zoonotic (that I can't spell). Unisex toilets don't bother me.
mile high club...like rabbits...babies......Im only interested in having a wee :rofl :rofl :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.