Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
she has travel insurance i hope... [not free insurance from banks etc but proper travel insurance] then write to ferris and quote the insurer and policy and tell them that she would expect the same service [for which she has paid] as any other traveller with them.. [you could also slip in the unfair clauses to a contract is this legal] give them hell and you should find an acceptable conclusion

Brian
From the T&Cs on their website
We believe our insurance to be adequate. If you choose alternative insurance we will not deal with other insurance companies as we do not have the staff or resources. Once your booking has been accepted, we must advise you that because we only employ the minimum of office and resort staff to keep our prices as low as possible, we will not be able to assist with any claims if insurance is not taken through ourselves.

Just to set the tone even lower, on the Insurance/booking section it says you get a 7 day cooling off period (every other insurance contract I've seen gives 14 days) and you can only withdraw if you show them that you have better cover (I thought the law said the cooling off period should be unconditional).

A couple of other gems from the site

Ants, cockroaches and various insects may be evident. However, this is due to the climate rather than to unhygienic conditions. Various insect sprays can be purchased from supermarkets.

Spanish sewerage systems are not of the standard that you would find in Britain. When it rains heavily or gets very hot, smells and odours can occur.

Most worryingly, the site STILL quotes a conversion rate of 1.4807 Euro- Pound dated October 12th, 2006. I hope your daughter has booked from a brochure with a more recent rate because as well as having the right to surcharge for anything more than a 2% drop in the rate they also charge an admin fee for doing it!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.