Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Thats first class customer relations. Well done Ferris Holidays
That is excellent news indeed, im beginning to wish Ferris picked up from my area :(

It's nice when a holiday company listens like that, i dont see why more dont.....lets face it, it can only be good for their business. As i have said before in my own experiences, i always found Redcrest very amiable to contact, and got good replys, so i would use them again........compare that to the attitude i got from Siesta, and my immediate thought was.....'im not using them again'

Well done Ferris......great customer service in a world that has not much of it!!
Aye, top marks (again) to Ferris - couldn't see any of the big operators being so willing to help out.

Shows you (yet again) that bigger is not always better... :lol:
jimd-f,
Really pleased to hear that ferris is a winner in every way , we booked with them this year to go to lloret and the office staff can not be nicer, what a lovely crowd to deal with as cidermonster says , it's a pity they didnt pick up in scotland sorry about your sad loss though , and hope you have a nice holiday when you go
I've dropped Ferris an email, Fiona, to see if they have any plans to extend their pick up points northwards. Cant see it, but always worth asking!! :D
Just as someone else was singing the praises of Ferris Coach Holidays may I also make it known that this is not the first time they have been considerate. I travelled on my own to Malgrat in May of this year. I paid an additional £25 to travel on one of their Platinum Class Coaches. However on my return from Malgrat I travelled on one of their Standard Class Coaches. I dropped Ray Ferris a line asking why I had paid the extra £25 and much to my surprise he wrote back immediately apologising for an administrative error together with a cheque for £25.00. Would highly recommend Ferris Holidays to anyone.[/b]
No change to pick up points in 2006

Shame they dont seem to want to tap into a good gap in the market! Their loss i guess!!
anyone know when the new ferris brochure is out for 2006?

We are planning to travel with them again - perhaps a couple of trips this year :) Well you can't go wrong for the price can you?
internetowl,
If you go on their website you can order their new brouchure on line or give them a phone, they are always prompt to send one by return
regards,
fiona
hi cidermonster ,

think i will draught a letter to ray ferris to see if he can even introduce a link for the scottish market, even if he gives it a try for a season to see how popular it is!

regards,
fiona
brochures out in two weeks time - rang them this morning...
Have applied for the 2006 brochure, my mother has problems flying due to arthritis in her knees the lack of space between seats causes severe pain in her knees due to the fact she cant stretch, can anyone advise if the platinum service gives ample leg room and possibly an estimate in inches? Many Thanks.
Ferris Platinum Service.

33.1/4 inch pitch, 35 degree reclining seats, central arm rests. Aircraft style folding tables . No smoking in seating area tv/dvd/video. New smoking room with extractor fan, forced air ventilation. Host/Hostess service, hot/cold drinks. Toilet.

Hope this is of some help to you .
booked my holiday 3 weeks ago with ferris. prices came out last week. they rang me with their changes from last year, last week. hotel papi full board, but no free drinks available this year. my third time at the papi. 8)
From experience the Platinum Coaches don't offer a lot of difference in leg room. They do have a drop down flap situated on the rear of the seat in front to put your food and drinks on. When I travelled over to Malgrat whoever should have been sitting next to me never turned up, so I had two seats to myself on a Platinum. On my return I was more comfortable travelling on one of their Standard Coaches.
Many Thanks thats a great help.
just arrived back at work after 2 weeks in wet lloret.
still we had a good rest even if my partner did have a problem walking and ended up buying a walking stick!
travelled Platinum with ferris and please be under no illusions -this is far better than ordinary coaches. plenty leg room.
we did hear from one of the drivers that all ferris's coaches will be platinum next year. this will be great news as long as seat pitch is maintained.
For the first time ever I'm thinking of going to Spain by coach. A friend travels with Siesta claiming better room. Ferris prices tempt me. Can anybody who has traveled both advise me? Also the smoking room bit unrests me, I don't smoke and I wonder if it leaks onto the bus? :D
Have only travelled by coach with Ferris the once. The smokers room is downstairs half way along the coach on the nearside and backs on to the toilet room. Only two persons are allowed in the room at any one time - not room for anymore than two anyway. A heavy velvet type curtain is pulled accross and I was sitting opposite the room for all of the trip. I am a non-smoker and didn't notice any leakage of smoke from the room - just kept wondering how they would have managed had it been totally non-smoking as it was the same people going to and fro every half-hour. The smoking would obviously be drawn out through the air conditioning I would assume. I travelled back to the Costa Brava by plane last month - had it not been for the fact my wife was with me I would certainly have travelled with Ferris Coaches.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.