France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
We were at Carnac Des Menhirs with Eurocamp in 2006 and we loved it.

There is an aquarium and butterfly house at Vannes which we really enjoyed. The butterfly house is only worth going to if you buy the joint ticket for the 2 though. What really impressed me about the aquarium was that you left your buggy at the door and they lent you a highchair on wheels so small children were at the right height to see in the tanks. We went to so many aquaria when ours were still in buggies and they couldn't see anything. If you have a roofbox on your car, I would advise removing it before going to the aquarium as most of the car parks have a maximum height of 1.85m which is too low for a roofbox (I found that out the hard way!). When we went to the aquarium, we had to pull over and unscrew the box. I then drove slowly to the barrier and when I got there hubby lifted the box off and we put it back on for our visit but then had to take it back off to get back out.

The old town at Auray is beautiful, especially down by the old port. Quiberon is worth a visit and we did the Petite Train there which was worth doing as it takes you out of town to the rocky coastline.

The beach at Men Du just as you leave Carnac to go to La Trinite sur Mer is amazing and has a small island that is accessible at low tide.
Can't add much more than Elaine 80 has said
Except Eurocamping is not your normal tent it's a canvas bungalow with zipped up inner tents for bedrooms so you should be able to isolate your little one easily enough
Just don't were high heels indoors or you'll puncture the groundsheet

and as with ALL French camping take some Ant powder we take it with our caravan too so it's not just that area it's ALL France

Carnac and the area is magical and I do like Quiberon especially when Surfs up
the market there is good too Fresh Oysters yummy :tup
Thank you both, these are great tips! We've camped before, with all our own kit, but only as a couple so this will be a whole new adventure for us. Eurocamp seemed like a great option.

I just wish I didn't have to wait so long in this miserable weather before we can go! Still, good things are worth waiting for!

Thank you again.
millypip wrote:
Thank you both, these are great tips! We've camped before, with all our own kit, but only as a couple so this will be a whole new adventure for us. Eurocamp seemed like a great option.

I just wish I didn't have to wait so long in this miserable weather before we can go! Still, good things are worth waiting for!

Thank you again.

Why do you think we use a caravan we can camp 365 on those few sites that OAY and also use Ryanair to go to somewhere warm like we are off to Malta on Saturday
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.