France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Actually my friends stayed there for 2 weeks this July in their large camper van. They travel a lot through france and are particular where they stay . I think they chose this site because of all the wonderful facilities and also how close the beach was.
i travelled down from St malo on my harley found a hotel close and spend a night in the restaurant there with them , then a few more bottles of wine outside the camper into the wee small hours, i left the harley on site over night and borrowed his push bike to ride back to my hotel a mile and a half away. Yep i crashed it half way back LOL.
The next day i did a tour of the coast around Carnac on the harley and stopped off for a swim , its a gorgeous place, and the pool and facilities on the camp site are great.
I am sure you will have a great time there.i did!!!!!
http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/336/carnac8dy.th.jpg
Hello! I stayed at this site many years ago on a family trip and remember it being great for kids even then! A friend of mine has just returned from a trip there with her family and had a brilliant time - fantastic facilities on site, including a gorgeous swimming pool, and lots to do round and about.

She booked with Keycamp, who came highly recommended, especially because they had a children's club, which meant her and her husband were able to get a bit of rest and relaxation too! :P
Its looks good from above !

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/8909/lagrandmetairiecarnac3ba.jpg
Thanx guys

we've booked this place for summer 2006

I've done a fair amount of research and it really does seem a park the kids would enjoy.

To know the main man guernsey tom liked it is the icing on the cake.

:glynis
ER i was to :glynis to remember :wink:
Have fun

GT
Hi, we stayed at the Grande Metairie last year (2004). We took our own trailer tent - the emplacement was reasonably large and fairly flat, they were all divided by trees/shrubs. The showers and loos were always very clean, and even had baby baths!

The site itself was superb, the swimming pool was excellent, with good slides etc. Although I must admit that the weather wasn't brilliant when we went so we didn't use them much - too cold! The site had some animals on-site - the most popular for our kids was going to feed the donkey, which must by now be very fat as everyone else seemed to do the same! There was pony riding on-site, which you had to book in advance and was very popular, you had to lead the ponies around the site yourself, but they were a well behaved bunch so that was OK! The take away was very popular with us, the shop was very well stocked and had fresh bread and croissant every morning. We never tried the restaurant, preferring to head into Carnac itself for meals out.

They also had bike hire on site, we hired a bike trailer one day, to take our two year old twins out in which was great.

The playground was a little lacking, although my eight year old always seemed to find someone to play with up there so maybe that wasn't a problem. There wasn't much for the two years olds to play on though. There was a ball sports area aswell but with the little ones in tow we didn't get to use that.

They had entertainment most nights, from Karaoke (which unfortunately you could hear from our tent, why do people do it? Shouldn't someone tell them? :lol: ) to local small groups who were often excellent. The bar itself had a very laid back feel, and was next to the play area so you could bring the kids along and let them play whilst you enjoyed an evening drink. One night they brought in one of those bungee trampoline things, which all the kids absolutely loved! Apparently the site provided its own kids club, but we could never find out when and where it was - but maybe if you travel with an english company that wouldn't be a problem, although I would advise checking out the site's own accomodation etc. before you book - you may find it's a lot cheaper.

This year we went back to Carnac but stayed at a different site - we wanted to have a mobile home but couldn't afford the Grande Metairie's prices so went for a cheaper site instead. It was a good site, but lacked the facilities of Grande Metairie, I guess you get what you pay for!

All in all, an excellent site, one worth saving the pennies for!

Hope this helps!
suziflew

thank you for your detailed response

sounds great :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.