Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Santa Eulalia would suit you fine.good bus service to cala longa.es cana and to ibizatown.plus san an...cala longa and es cana are just up and down the road from Santa Eulalia.you could even treat yourself to a taxi.both are fine for days out.cala longa as a very nice beach.on weds in es cana is the hippy market.Santa Eulalia is not really a resort its a working town.so loads of shops/bars eating places.great promenade Santa Eulalia has.and marina,you can get water taxi boats as well to other resort.which is nice for a change.
I dont think Santa E has many lively bars with things going on,I haven't found them anywayMirage is the only one I can think of.I would suggest Es Cana for a few lively bars with entertainment.

I love Santa E but would never reccommend it for those wanting bars with British style entertainment.There are lots of bars but I have always found them quietish.
I have to agree with djwoody, I think Santa Eulalia will be the best bet. It has good transport links to Ibiza Town, as well as San Antonio, Es Cana etc and has a great choice of bars and restaurants. There is quite a lively scene at the Marina, but there is also a very popular bar, right on the beach,called Mariners.This has live music/entertainment every night and is popular with all age groups. I think Es Cana is better if you have teenage children, but Santa Eulalia offers more for adults in my view! I'm off there in June to get my annual fix so must admit to a certain bias!
In reply to the above I would say that last time we stayed in Santa E we met a couple who didn't want hotel entertainment but a lively British style bar scene with entertainment.Needless to say they spent most nights around the hotel having faiied to find what they wanted.Santa E is known for being low key and reserved and trys to avoid having lively bars spoiling its image.
well thats it then .great for a base camp.and treat yourselfs to nights out at other resorts.but you could try looking at playa den bossa.lot more younger people stay there.more music bars.more familys stay in this resort.but something for every taste.its just finding the right place to use as a base camp.nothing is that far away anyway.each to is own.i stay in pdb.but have day and nights out at other places.day time i have a car anyway.but night i tend to get a bus or small taxi ride (so i can have a few drinks).
I didn't expect so many replies. Thanks everyone. Will have a good look at the resort reports for the places you mention. It's really helpful being able to narrow things down a bit. Maybe I should have asked what resorts should we avoid - we don't mind a bit of noise/music to the early hours - I'm hoping we'll be out 'til then ;) but don't want rave/dance music keeping us awake at 4 a.m.

Many thanks again :)
We stayed a couple of times in San Antonio Bay. Hotel was right on the beach and our room had a terrific sea view which was great except around 5am in the morning we had an early alarm call (the noise from clubbers walking along the beach to various hotels). Another thing to consider when you are deciding where to go.

If that doesnt bother you too much the Bay area might be suitable as it is quite lively with a few good pubs and within walking distance of San Antonio town. Ibiza town is easily accessible from there too.
you need to get a nice quite hotel then.this year i am moving hotels because there is to much noise within the hotel itself.paying a bit extra but moving up to 4 star.like mentioned when you thinking of going and for how long.
Hi tippy,
We are a 60ish couple and found Santa Eulalia boring.I know it was the end of season when we were there ,but I dont think it would be any better earlier in the season.The promenade would have been very nice if the locals hadn't used it as a dog toilet.
The shops weren't very exciting either not at all touristy and none along the promenade .
The prom only had restaurants and a couple of very quiet bars, no live entertainment.
The only redeeming thing for us was the hotel , it was lovely with great food and had entertainment for 3 nights so if you do decide to go we can recommend the Tres Torres hotel..
The marina was Ok but nowhere nice as the marina in Benalmadena . I hope this helps you to decide where to go. Good Luck
With respect I think the above post gives an unfair view of Santa E.I think its one of the nicest resorts in the Med and its only let down in my opinion is the lack of decent lively entertainment ,I understand that the local authority try to keep this sort of thing out.This though is what many find attractive about the place as it gives the resort upmarket classy feel.The resort also retains a Spanish feel due to the fact that it is a town lived in and not a purpose built resort.Hence shops that aren't touristy.

I agree with the above that something needs doing about the dog mess on the prom.
Hi Tippi

I Love Santa Eulaluia but there are no lively bars at night ( that I've found yet!), i have stayed there a few times and always found I have to travel for late night bars.
We stayed in Es Cana last year and even early on in the season Granny's Bar,Apache Bar. Popeyes etc stay open and have entertainment for all, Rio Bar too for karaoke if you like that sort of thing,I just love Ibiza so I'm biased :cheers :cheers :D
hope you enjoy your visit and go again and again !

maeve :tup
Es Cana is much better than Santa E for nightlife, although only a small resort plenty of bars you can have a good night in, Popeyes and Rio bar was good, also the Red Lion and Mo's bar based on the simpsons also Charlies bar on the seafront tribute acts etc, we was so glad we chose there after visiting santa E, and a lot more expensive we found, seems to be all restaraunt based there, and nowhere near as pretty and the beach was not as good. all boat based, plus having granchildren with us we found if we wanted to stay in a couple of nights the entertainment was good for the children and adults, buses to other resorts as well
Thanks to everyone for your replies. :thanks We have plumped for Es Canar - we got what we consider a good price and it does sound as though its the type of resort where we can be as lively or quiet as we want. We are a bit inbetweeny age-wise, kids just off our hands, bit past the nightclub stage but don't want to be tucked up in bed by midnight. We'll see how it goes and explore the island whilst we are there. Can't wait now - ready for a bit of :sun2 and :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.