Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Santa Eulalia is a lovely place to stay, it is a flat resort. I haven`t stayed in a 4 star but know of people(couples not families) who have stayed in the Ses Estaques and the Tres Torres both of these are situated near to the Marina and a 5/10 walk to the town both have had good reviews in the past and are in a flat area with a promanade walkway into town.

If you are wanting a hotel for families then I doubt these would be suitable for you.
Thanks for the info Christine. It is much appreciated. I have been looking at the tres torres, but due to difficulty with ladders I was looking for a swimming pool that has normal steps into it and not ladders. I haven't come across the ses estaques, but will have a look at it now.

Thanks again.
The Panorama in Es Cana has excellent reviews as well and has a large pool. Es Cana is only a 10/15 min bus ride away from Santa Eulalia.

I`ve stayed in both resots and love both.

The Ses Estaques is very popular with repeat guests.

I hope you find a hotel to suit your requirements and I am sure you will be more than happy with Ibiza.
I think that Es Cana may be to 'hilly' for you.
Whilst it's not built on a mountainside, there are are slopes either side of the resort.

John.
It looks like it might have to be san Antonio bay...It should be quiet there in October shouldn't it ?
It really depends on when in October........
We were there for a sneaky 5 days during the October half term last year (26th I think) and 75% of the shops and bars had closed down. Still enough open for us as we were AI but pretty darn quiet !

John
try looking at playa den bossa very flat.and a few hotels have walk in pools.last week in oct really can be quite.bit the weeks before are nice.you can get to talk to bar owner ect.plus sales on in most shops.cheaper month to go like may is.try looking at Tres Carabelas=(SIRENIS HOTEL GROUP in playa den bossa.that has a walk in pool and shollow pool as well.5 min walk into pdb main resort.or the hotel Don Toni/club.= FIESTA HOTEL GROUPbut they might close early like they did last year around 22nd oct.
I think that Santa Eulalia would suit you much better in October as it is a working town so it doesn't 'close down' like the other resorts. Personally I think it is the best place in Ibiza and have just returned (9th year!) The Ses Estaques is in the Thomson brochure and is very well regarded albeit rather pricey! It overlooks the marina and is on level ground.
One advantage of a Gold Hotel (i.e. Ses Estaques) is that they have a full entertainment programme, so that if mobility is difficult for you, you don't need to go out in the evenings to be entertained.

(OK for the early part of the evening there's a band - usually a duo - and quizzes etc., and prizegiving for the poolside events which took place during the daytime etc., but they have resident Gold Entertainment hosts, and there's usually a cabaret act on at 10 pm, a comedian, tribute band, variety act, singer etc....not to mention the rep shows.....)
I am also going to Ibiza for the first time soon, i will be staying at the Ros Apartments. Can anyone give me a honest opinion on these apartments and which rooms should be avoided, if this is even possible. Going away on hols with a new partner for the first time, so would love for everything to go smoothly. :) Any info will be greatly appreciated.
from what i have read they are fine.7/8/9 out of ten.ok a few odd moans but you cannot please everyone.nice prom for romantic walk.good shops with it begin a working town resort.easy reach of es cana and ibizatown,plus cala longa beach resort just down the road.

you can either get a bus to other resorts close by.or get a little ferry boat

i send you more info via pm ok
Many thanks djwoody, look forward to the information.
I think Es Cana will be a good choice. it is pretty flat there and everything is on your doorstep
The Panorama has a very large pool with a walk in part, I have problems wirh walking and I found Es Cana easy to get around. The service in the The Panorama is next to none I found it to be an excellent hotel it is half board. the bus stop is around the corner, the ferry and train are across the road from the hotel. the hotel also has facilities for any disabled holiday makers. ie ramps
Es Cana pretty flat.you must be joking only flat bit is the bay area.its a hill to get out one way and a steep hill the other way.
How about having a look at the Sol IBIZA in Santa Eularia, we have been for last 3 years had no problems, it is just behind the Ses Hotel, no problem with pool and also has the benefit of having an indoor pool under a glass roof, and fantastic seea views as you are right on waters edge.
just come back from fiesta club palm beach in playa den bossa, was talking to rep this hotel is open to end of oct but the reort is not, he was saying they even turn out street lights, all things close end of september, so i would not chhose here in oct, its the only hotel open in ths resort, and the entertainment is very bad
fiesta club palm beach is one of the last to close.they put anyone from say don toni in there for rest of there hols.pdb runs down in late oct.more like 17th onwards.not so many disco bars open.but still bigben. and loads more.its one of those you play it by ear.the last week is really dead.

all things close end of september,?.no your wrong its still open.saying things like that you will put people off going in oct. what is one of the best months.its a lot cheaper to go in oct.weather is still very hot.sales and time to chat to people who work there.

who ever you spoke to knows nothing.
hi there
the person who told me everything closes was the rep in hotel, also notices on all nightclubs saying their last night is 22nd oct, sorry if i put people off but that is what i was told. holidays are cheaper then for this very reason, not much open, anyone wanting to use nightclubs did not want them to be disappointed
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.