America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
First Timer
7 Posts
your best bet,is to make a list of everything,you want to do & see what tickets,will suit you best.
i wouldn't try & do everything,on your first visit,as i will be very surprised,if you don't go back.
take us,for example.we have been 4 times & never managed to fit,the universal parks in.so next year,we will be making,universal,a priority.we have also never managed,to fit any waterparks in,so we still have the waterpark days left,on our tickets,from 2002,so we will be using them.
there is so much to do,that unless you get the non expiry tickets,you can indeed,end up wasting some of them.
one thing is for sure,you will have a great time.
take a look at
http://www.disboards.com
and
http://www.thedibb.co.uk
you will get loads of tips on those sites,
happy planning
tracy
We have done each park aside from Sea World and Busch Gardens on every one of our trips to Orlando so far. On our first visit in 1999 we did everything and had a blast. Sure we were tired, and needed a holiday to get over it when we got back but I found the daily theme park routine very entertaining and in the end we were pleased we did it all.
Since then, we have played it a bit more calmer and with experience that will come if you decide to go back. Personally, I would find it hard to go to Orlando and not try and see everything on a first visit, but in saying that, I also agree and see why people say don't try and do everything.

In answer to your question, no there isn't enough to do in Universal Orlando to fill 2 weeks. Both parks are 1 day only, maybe 1.5days each if it is very busy but we've always managed to do both over a two day period. IOA for example is quite small and compact and if the water rides are quiet, you will have no problem in getting round in 2/3's of a day. Universal Studios tends to be a day tops, but remember to factor in time to have a meal at Citywalk and look around the shops.

Is Disney a priority? What is the make up of your group, i.e. will you be taking children?
Hi thanks for your views . forgot to mention our kids are 6 and 9 so i would like to take them to walt disney world as its there first time. how many days would this take up . this would be added to a trip to universal studios as this is about a 2 day visit. when buying the tickets for each park for example if walt disney world took 3 days would we have to go on 3 consecutive days or could we brake them up to 2 days visiting 1 day resting then 1 day visiting again.
back to planning and reviewing and taking notes
thanks
i would buy the 7 day ticket to disney,which includes the waterparks.you do not have to go on consecutive days,you can certainly break them up.if you have the 7 day ticket,you would visit all 4 parks,then be left with the option,of revisiting your favourite ones.
that way,if the parks are busy & you can't get everything done,in one day,you know you will be returning,so can slow down a little bit.magic kingdom,will definately be 2 days,as you will be surprised at the size of it & how much,there is to fit in.epcot could also be 2 days,especially if you get the children,the passports & let them make the masks in every country,as this takes a good few hours,especially if you take a good look around,each country.you buy the children the passport & they find the kidcot station,in each country,then get the passport stamped & the cm,will write a little something,in their native language.then the masks are where they get the mask,in the first country & colour a bit in,then in every country,they colour another bit in & choose a plastic shape,if you like,to hang on it.my grandaughter loved doing this,in each country & it keeps them occupied,while walking the world.
if the children get tired,you can also leave mid afternoon & then return,for the night shows & this will count,as one day.
i would certainly visit the waterparks & use them as rest days.you will probably need them.
universal are doing the 14 day,2 park ticket for $99,at the minute,then you can purchase seaworld seperate,which is working out cheaper than,buying the universal & seaworld together flexi ticket.
that takes 12 days up & that is if you visit universal & seaworld only once.it really is surprising,how quick your days are taken up.
make sure you don't miss the night time shows & fireworks,they are fantastic.
can't wait for next year!
tracy
Hi lazin we are newbies, booked to go 2nd April 2010. We are 2 adults and 3 children who will be 15,11 and 11 when we travel, we are looking at the flexi ticket for 6 parks which last 14 days from the first day you go in one of the parks, once that is expired (we are going for 3 weeks) we are thinking of doing a day trip to Disney (already done Paris one) a trip to Kennedy Space centre and hopefully finances permitting a trip to Discovery Cove. Our holiday with Virgin only went up a total of £300 for the third week :cheers
Hi again everyone and thanks for your views .So far we want to go to walt disney world , universal studios and the latest target is now discovery cove , we seem to have narrowed hotels down to to quality inn plaza , quality inn international , howard johnson hotel or econolodge .can anyone help with location ,condition , amenities and service of any of these hotels .
thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.