Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
fishing
9 Posts
I was on a boat trip once and asked one of the crew the same question as i am a keen angler myself,his reply was in turkey we fish to put food on the table and money in our pockets,not for sport :que no matter how i tried to explain to him he could not understand what i meant and i gave up.

Bluepeterno1
there must be carp etc in the lakes and rivers.
Your right Gazza!

My hubby would have a field day fishing while I am shopping!

Anna.
I've tried sea fishing from a boat a couple of times with friends. They get excited when you catch small fish that would be better in an aquarium.
I'm hoping to buy a boat soon and keep it at my villa. I'm keen to explore the bays over on the Hisaronu Koy side and see if there is anything bigger worth catching. :tup
I am told though the best sea fishing is in the winter, so that will have to wait a bit until I'm over there permanently! ;)
My dad is taking a couple of rods for him and my hubby to go fishing off the jetty at our hotel
He would have loved to go river fishing somewhere
You would think that any country would exploit a good money making oppertunity after all they could charge for organised trips or even complete fishing holidays !!!!!

Maybe an oppertunity for someone to start a nice little enterprise??????

Kitten
I go to the sun zeynep in belek and take a small telescopic rod with me to fish off the jetty,anything i get is usually returned ,but some of the staff use hand lines and take all the fish home with them most are no bigger than goldfish ,need about twenty to make a good fish supper.

Bluepeterno1
I'm off to Side in 2 weeks, taking a telescopic rod and some lures in the hope of bass or anything else that fancies a go.
Will let you know of any luck when I return.
Forrest
off to old deniz in june and i have enquired as to river fishing with some people who live in the area.it seems there is none at all so will have to stick with the sea and the lagune.
i always take my telescopic rod with me and just get some bait from the waiter at the hotel.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.