Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Flaming Suitcase
56 Posts
Tomitma.All us woman have the same problem's when it comes to deciding what to take and what not we worry to much thats what it is we care about what we look like to others most of the time.
Anyway if i see a lady dragging a bulging suitcase behind her on the 5th i'll know to say hiya Tomitma..Have a lovely holiday.
tomitma,this made me laugh so much,i think you have morphed into me!!!!!!! i think "dont take anything white" but if i dont take the white trousers i cant take the top that goes with them and i need that to go with the green shorts etc.all the women on here will get my drift.when you get there no one cares anyway,backpackers do it so why cant we??????????
I really can't believe men, after chopping and changing I have finally got it down to what I want to take, I proudly walked into the living room and said "well, I am well underweight" What did hubby say, " well I have been telling you that for ages, you should start eating more, your'e far too skinny". Grrrrrrrr, They just dont understand the problems we have.

At least this time I haven't got to take a suitcase full of paperback books (paperback to keep the weight down) as I have my kindle, but I also have a couple of of books that you can't get on the kindle, and I only have 26 novels on my kindle, oh decisions decisions.

Same as you eastender, I have a beautiful pair of white jeans I bought 3 years ago, I bought them to wear on holiday, they have travelled with me every year, and I have never worn them, because I am scared that I will never get the orange dust out of them, YES they are in the suitcase, and I am going to wear them this year. Or they will stay out there on there own this time.
Abs loved this. I fly out on the 5th as well but with hubby who says it wont take US long to pack. I would like to know since when did he ever ever pack (we've been married 46 years and he has never ever packed). But I have to agree some of my clothes look forward to going on holiday every year and are as pristine as the first time they went but you never now this may be their year. We are going for 6 weeks and as I throw another 5 pair of panties in the case to keep the other 20 pair company, I wonder will I have enough, perhaps I had better get more tomorrow. ( I have access to a washing machine by the way) I think I will also nip to M&S and get a couple more tops. :think
I am not flying out until the 6th but I am staying overnight in london on the 5th, just to make sure I get there in time, hubby has worked and travelled all over the world, and as he says all he has ever needed, was an overnight bag, with a few books, couple of shirts and buy what you need when he gets there, this attitude usually works to my advantage, because I mean, all I have to do is swill his shirt out overnight, as long as he has clean knickers, a pair of shorts, he is happy, but I am not, I keep on telling him that he needs more than a couple of shirts, the locals will start talking about us, me walking around like lady muck, with a different bikini for every day of the week and him in the same shorts, since he arrived.

I have the added problem of what to wear up on the train, what to wear when I go for dinner in the hotel, ( I dont think they would appreciate seeing me waltzing around in the dining room wearing shorts with a kaftan top) then what I have to pack to wear on the plane the following day. This is all adding to the problem, there should be disposable clothes that you can wear once then chuck, come to think of it, didn't they invent paper dresses in the 70s or was it the 60s?

I usually nick his alloted luggage allowance, but I am on my own this time, I can see half this stuff not being brought back, how else am I going to bring home all the trinkets I have got to buy whilst I am over there, even though I have identical trinkets in the drawer at home. I am under strict instructions this time, NO FURNITURE, I will never forget his face when we had delivered a hand carved walnut bed with matching side tables, that I had forgotten to tell him I had bought, that was I had forgotten until 6 months later when the customs at tilbury dock phoned to tell us that our goods were on a container ship that had just docked. Well it was too late then, he couldn't say no could he.

Oh Roll on Thursday at least I will be on my way then.
tomitma are you sure you dont live in my house??? talking about your husband,my one has taken 6 pairs of new socks every year,never worn one pair!!!!! and i am sure they will come out again this year.i am sure there is a man who lives in my loft who cuts bits off my suitcase making it smaller every year.when it comes down i shudder.every year the same "holiday frocks " come out ,dont bother to take photos cos when i look back at them i never know what year it was. thanks for the laugh tomitma,got to do it all again for 24 th jan.oh no!!!!!!!!!!!! pam
I know exactly what you mean Tomitma regarding husbands wearing the same stuff day in day out. Mine's the same. He takes new T Shirts/shorts but seems to think it's a waste to wear them as he keeps the same old outfit on as 'they are still clean, nothing wrong with them'. :duh
Oh Eastender I know exactly how you feel about the photographs, every single one of my husband look the same, of him laying down on a beachbed somewhere in the world, wearing the same pair of swimming shorts, his favorite ones, for the past 11 years he has worn these shorts, refusing to move out of the house, until I have proved to him that I have put his favorite swimming shorts in the case, I have done everything I can to destroy these shorts, bleached them, boiled them, I have even put a hot iron on them, you can see the iron mark in some of the photos, but they are still there, one year I snipped all the elastic in the waistband, thinking he wouldnt wear them, but no, not him, he went to the tailors, and stood there whilst the tailor sewed in some new elastic, they looked even worse then. I have tried buying him new ones, but no he wont wear the new ones, because they are not worn in, meaning, they havent bits of thread, engrined dirt, and holes in them. He got these shorts 11 years ago from my Dad, who was just about to put them in the bin, as my Dad thought they were a bit tatty, as he had had them for 5 years.

The only way we can tell the year, is by looking at the title of the book on his bed.

As for socks, he wears one pair over, with his Jesus sandles, when we get there he rolls them into a ball and puts them in a drawer, ready for the return journey, Glynis I know exactly how it is, what is it with men, that a holiday to them means slobbing around wearing the same old stuff, after all he says, we have plenty of time for dressing up when we get home. Kids, are far easier to handle than husbands.
tomitma,now i KNOW you live in my house!!! i have the same scenario with shorts!!when we get home and he unpacks he puts dirty shirts back in the wardrobe.he says "i only wore them once,they are not dirty". i can smell them when i open the door.!!!!!!!!
Ha ha ha ha ha eastender that is the exact words of my husband, it dosent matter that he has been wearing the same shirt for 2 days, as long as it hasent got curry down the front it is still clean, he dosen't think that it stinks to high heaven, but when he wants to wear his swimming shorts, with a shirt that he has been wearing for the 2 days over the top, to go out for a meal, that is when I put my foot down. I have had many meals on my own. ha ha ha
tomitma, is your husbands name tony? i think my one is leading a double life. :rofl :rofl :rofl
I dony have a problem packing.
Simply put the clothes I want to take on the bed.
They appear as if by magic in the wardrobe in the apartment within 30 minutes of arrival.
:que :que
yes sam we know, even women need a wife :que
speaking as a man whats this business of 20 panties?
Monday wear normal
tuesday turn inside out
wednesday turn back to front
thursday turn inside out again.
friday go commando and leave panties to air on balcony
saturday start again
simples!!
we need different colours under different clothes. or we go commando !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you are talking recycling knickers!!!!!!!!!!!! this forum has convinced me that men are all the same,just different faces ;)
tomitama, my o/h is not short of a bob or two but he buys his shirts in the charity shop cos he said "they are more comfortable" :yikes
I swear we are married to the same man eastenders, except mine is called Tom, what makes me laugh is just the other day, I was buying odds and ends to take with me, and we were in the chemist I was looking at a new brand of shampoo, he just said to me "I don't know why you women spend all your money, on this stuff, It dosen't do what it says on the bottle. Anyway, you are soposed to dress and wear your hair, to please the man you are with, and you look OK to me" for once I was speechless. And I asked him didn't it work the otherway around then, the male dressing to please the woman, Nah he said, a man has got to look like a man, not a primped up model.

This is from the man, that has a wardrobe full of clothes with the price tags on still them, and who wears the same 3 pairs of joggers, and three tops, one set he is wearing, one is in the wash, and the other is in the wardrobe, waiting for him to have a shower, Gord knows what he is going to do, as I am away for a month, he hasent got a clue, of how to operate the washing machine, and he dosent want to learn, no, I think I do know what he is going to do, just have a shower every 10 days, to make them last. :rofl :rofl :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.