Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I don't think it matters what happens the week before. It could be delayed for any reason this week but that doesn't mean it will be next week. Don't worry I'm sure it will be on time for you.
One week does not make a trend! If you checked the same day of the week from the start of the timetable season and it was always late by a similar amount you'd have grounds to be wary - and it does happen. But if it's just the once don't worry.

It's an interesting topic, flight delays are logged by NATS and eventually the records find their way to the CAA - which means they are covered by the Freedom of Information Act. So theoretically you could ask for the history if you have a problem. But it would probably be easier to go back to the airport fence, find the serious plane enthusiasts with scanners and ask them - they probably know more !
CloClo,

What a flight does today won't impact on the same flight week after unless there is a severe delay and it has knock-on effects. However it's unlikely to last a full week and operations are likely to put measures in place in the mean time to sort it out. Just because a flight is delayed, doesn't mean it's a regular occurance as delays happen for all sorts of reasons.

Darren
Further to my previous comment about the CAA, I've just found that they publish a lot of punctuality statistics deep down in their website at http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=80&pagetype=88&pageid=12&sglid=12 - doesn't go down to flight number but does do route and operator.
Delays and changes can be a real pain.

Our holidays got moved forwards a full 24 hours because the original flight with ONUR AIR was cancelled, or so we where told ? We are now flying with SKY AIRWAYS,whom I new little about until asking on here. Better flight time going out but now with a 06-30 Return from Dalaman with young children. :cry

All package deals travellers are at the mercy of the tour operators it seems.

:duh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.