America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Rucksack
184 Posts
Thanks for that.

I see that the lockers are in one location. What do you do with your rucksack when going on rides ie rollercoasters where you can't take your rucksack?

If I was to put my rucksack in the locker, then I would need to return everytime I needed sun lotion, etc.

Sorry if this seems so simple but I've never done this before.

Thanks

Fluff
You can take your bags on most rides. Any ride which prohibits bags has a set of lockers at the ride entrance where you can leave your stuff for the duration of the ride.
Hi all,

The wife has set me the task of pricing a 2 week holiday in Florida for us and our 2 kids (11 & 4) for next year, feb to may time.

I've looked on Travelcitydirect, First Choise, Mytravel etc and the cheapest i found was approx £2900 inc Disney tickets and the 5 park Orlando card.

I also looked at prices on first Choise to fly in 2 weeks time and it was about £800 cheaper so what is it best to do?
Wait until pretty much the last minute and then book or does anyone have any tips on flight/hotel sites where i can build a DIY?

Cheers in advance
if you let us know which airport you want to fly from and which area your looking to stay, and if you want car hire, im sure someone would point you in right direction.
Pref to go from Manchester but could go from heathrow/gatwick too.

Not bothered where we stay as long as its fairly close to disney world etc and yes, definately car hire is required :)
Hi fluff,

They do have lockers at Disney, but there aren't really any rides at the Disney parks that you get "soaked" on. See link below for locker locations within each disney park:-

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/common/guestServicesDetail?id=GuestServicesLockersDetailPage

Hope this helps

You get splashed on Splash Mountain, but at Animal Kingdom you get absolutely drenched and soaked to the skin on Kali River Rapids.
We are considering orlando in 2008. I have a question about transfers. I am giving thought to sorting out a diy holiday, booking flights and hotel seperate. I dont really want to drive as its my first time and we will be staying on I-Drive (Crowne Plaza maybe

Is it possible to get a taxi from the airport to the hotel and at what cost? i've heard Orlando International is closer than Sandford, is this correct?
There are lots of taxi companies available from the airport that will take you to International Drive, I have listed a few below that you can contact and get a quote from, yes Orlando International is a bit closer but you might be able to get a cheaper flight to Sanford with a charter airline so then end up saving even if the taxi costs a bit more:-

http://www.floridatowncar.com/

http://www.a2btransfers.com/index.asp

http://www.mearstransportation.com/TaxiServices.htm

http://www.altransportation.com/rates.php

http://taxi-mco.com/Pages/Drivers%20Listed%20Alphabetically.htm
You can easily get transport from Sanford or MCO, worth remembering that though MCO is nearer, its mostly schedule flights that fly there and so your flights are likely to be dearer than the charters that fly to Sandford.

You might want to consider staying in a budget Disney hotel, so that if you do fly into MCO you would get a free transfer to your resort arranged by Disney. I would recommend this if you are intending to do alot of Disney, since the cost of travelling to & fro to the Disney parks from International Drive can really mount up !! Especially when you consider there is so much going on in the Disney parks in the evenings, and that all your transport to & from the Disney hotels to their parks is free and very very efficient.
We stayed on I-Drive on our first trip and it cost us so much in taxis we could easily have stayed on site for less !

Another consideration would be if flying into Sanford many of the tour operators (Airtours etc) will allow you to purchase their transfers and often these are not much more expensive if there only a few of you than a private transfer.

Otherwise look at companies such as Quicksilver, Tiffany towncars, Legacy towncars, Fltours or Mears for private transfers.

If you have kids I would say you can definitely save a lot of money DIY...but its always worth checking the packages out too, because you can find bargains in both markets.
thanks for the advice :wink:
Hi all, planning a family holiday to Florida 2008 was looking some info on where to stay in the International Drive Area. Have read some hotel reveiws but there is soooo many to choose from.Cheers Haddy. :?
I am looking as well , looking for an area near theme parks, there is 12 of us so we would look at private home rental, sorry for posting on your thread, thought they were quite similiar though.
Hi
I have been quite a lot now and prefer to stay mid I/Drive there is a variety of restraunts/diners within walking distance.(incase you want to park up and have a drink with your meal)

We have stayed at the Ramada Inn lakeside which has great views over Wet n Wild, we booked that with Airtours/My travel.

Then we have stayed twice at The Best Western Movieland which has recently been refurbished this is in the same area we are going back to this one in October 2008.

This area is the Wet n Wild area of I/Drive, the trolley bus gets you up and down I/D for a dollar or 2, but still recommend a car.

We have also stayed in the Travelodge but this was a bit out the way for our likeing but stiil a good basic hotel.

The nearest theme park to I/Drive is Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure. And Seaworld is the nearest park to I/D.

We booked with Thomas Cook for next year and the free child places with them are up to age 19, which is really good. We paid £1867 for 2ad 2ch which are both in there teens.

Any further info I would be happy to help, have fun you will love it, but shop around especially for theme park tickets and car hire.

The Enclave suites are in this area for larger parties of people but can't comment as have not stayed there myself.

Liz.
Price For America Kissimee Villa/Flights?Tickets
Can anyone tell me any website where i can get the following cheap please:

1) Price for villa for Kissimee for 14 nights 4 people sharing

2) Flights from any major english airport preferbly manchester

3) Attraction tickets for every major theme park in Orlando ect Busch gardens ect

Any ideas would be great wanting to go november time.
We are not wanting to drive over there. thank you x
First thought-If you want to stay in a villa you really need to drive as there is no public transport that will go anywhere near the villa communities.
Regarding theme park tickets http://www.undercovertourist.com are quite competative. The price comes up in dollars so you need to select the UK option to know what you are paying.

You will probably need a 5 park flex-ticket if you wish to cover the two Universal Studios Parks, Sea World, Bushe Gardens and Wet and Wild.

You will be able to get one ticket that covers Disney i.e. Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, MGM, Animal Kindom, but you need to select carefully as some cover the Disney Water Parks as well so you need to decide if you want to visit them as well.

If you want a villa you need a car it's all very spread out over there. The best place to stay if you don't want to drive is International Drive.
Hi
Can anyone recommend where we can get cheap flights to Florida for October 2007.

Thank you.
Hi everyone,

We are planning a trip to orlando and the parks next year, which is our first time. We are thinking of going around early september. Is this a good time to go or can you recommend a better month??.

I am guessing we need visa's ... how do we apply for these.

Thanks for your help

Regards
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.